The Payroll Manager supervises a payroll team of two and monitors full-cycle payroll processing in a multi-state, multi-employer, and global environment (UK and Canada) for exempt and non-exempt employees and contractors. This role is directly responsible for understanding and overseeing all phases of the payroll process, including multi-entity, multi-state, and in-house payrolls, time and attendance system interfaces, payroll tax reporting and reconciliation, and payroll-related accounting transactions.
- Works with vendor to ensure accurate garnishment processing, including receipt of garnishment paperwork, reconciliation of payments, and other supporting tasks
- Work with our global payroll vendor to Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting payroll and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Assist with cyclical HR projects, including EEO-1 reporting, annual harassment, and discrimination training, FLSA/job description review, etc.
- Oversee the management of withholding and unemployment tax accounts with various states
- Assist the Director of Total Rewards with managing all 401(k) plans and incorporate deferral changes into payroll for applicable companies
- Manage the payroll team; training, assisting, and guiding Payroll Specialists
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures and workflow charts related to global payroll and system functions to enhance internal operations and workflow
- Play a crucial part in new market implementations and acquisitions
- Reconcile payroll and validate confirmed payroll transactions before transmission
- Understand and execute proper taxation of employer-paid benefits
- Complete payroll by incorporating changes to benefit deductions and one-time pay additions
- Check and audit timekeeping records for compliance with established standards
- Communicate Togetherwork payroll announcements
Experience and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in processing full cycle payroll in a multi-state, multi-employer environment for exempt and non-exempt employees and contractors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- 3 years of experience working with HCM, HRIS, CRM, and/or salary data software
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and achieve deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or integrity
- Experience processing payroll and applicable laws/taxes for multi-state organizations, including California
- Analytical ability to resolve employee payroll problems by reviewing records and reports, identifying errors, and creating errors
- Continuously seeking opportunities to improve the automation of the payroll and reporting processes
- High attention to detail and ability to guard highly confidential and sensitive information
- Strong partnership and collaborative style with outstanding communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods (several hours) with interruptions
- ADP Workforce Now experience
- CPP (Certified Payroll Professional) certification desired or working toward
- Basic understanding of 401k plans
Excited about this role but don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and other marginalized groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Togetherwork we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences, and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state, or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents this position's low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to, location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's employee compensation package. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long-term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave, and more.
US Remote: $50,000 - $62,000.00 USD per year
Excited about this position but the salary is a little below your expectations? Tell us what you need to make you happy, and we will see if we can make it happen based on how closely your skills and experience fit the qualifications of this position.
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to various groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun