Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
Jackson River, part of Togetherwork, is a technology and strategy firm that supports and strengthens progressive nonprofits doing good work in the world. Our commitment to innovative people, process, and technology solutions for progressive causes drives our work and our lives. When our clients choose Jackson River, they are signing up for expert advice, experienced staff, innovative best-of-breed technology, and superior, very personalized support – delivered in a long-term partnership with a great company.
We are continuing to expand and are looking for a full-time Software Developer- Drupal to be based remotely within the U.S. The Software Developer - Drupal will be developing solutions for our nonprofit engagement platform, Springboard. Springboard is used by clients like the ASPCA, International Rescue Committee, Drug Policy Alliance, and the ACLU to power their digital fundraising and advocacy programs. We are a small, stable company devoted to doing good in the world and fostering a healthy work/life balance for our entire team.
This individual should have a sound understanding of back-end web development practices and Drupal 7/8 module development experience. We are looking for someone who understands Drupal, but also knows when Drupal is not the best way. While Drupal is an important aspect of our stack, we are not beholden to it and will use the right tools and techniques for the job when necessary. You must be open-minded and willing to work around Drupal when it gets in your way.
Our product development team employs modern development practices and techniques, such as:
- Frequent production release cycles
- Composer-based builds
- Repeatable local development environments
- Unit and functional test coverage
- Continuous test runs on every opened pull request
- Close integration with Product Management, QA, DevOps, and Security teams
- Drupal module development. This includes writing new modules from scratch as well as working within established custom code to enhance or change existing features.
- Troubleshooting existing bugs, applying security patches, and testing your own work and others.
- Collaborate with product managers to design and estimate new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
- Building custom integrations between Drupal, CRMs, payment gateways, email marketing systems, internal APIs, and other third-party services.
- Working with project managers to provide excellent customer service to our clients.
- Collaborate and code with fellow developers on major feature initiatives.
- Actively participate in team activities such as code reviews, new feature demos, and retrospectives.
- 2+ years of professional development experience with Drupal versions 7 or greater.
- Experience building custom Drupal modules from technical specifications.
- Knowledgeable about secure coding techniques.
- Comfortable on a command line and familiar with the LAMP stack. Our stack includes Drupal, Laravel, Lumen, Docker, Composer, Gitlab, ddev, and Codeception.
- Familiarity with Drush and knowledge of how to use it effectively.
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities without sacrificing quality of work.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills (ex: excellent follow-through with little supervision).
- Familiarity with Slack is plus. Stellar communication skills will be required!
- Experience working on enterprise-level SAS solutions where security, stability, and performance are top priorities is a plus.
- Experience with payment processing technologies and services is a plus.
- Experience with other PHP frameworks, Laravel is a huge plus.
- Experience with Salesforce.com and other CRM platforms is a plus.
- Experience working as part of a distributed team is a plus.
- Progressive non-profit or political campaign experience is a plus.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $ 100,000 - $ 125,000 USD per year