The Senior DevOps Engineer manages products integral to developing new software or supporting developers in that effort. They manage and help architect infrastructure pertaining to software applications. They work with IT personnel concerning the operation of software which facilitates the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). They work with developers to create processes for continuous deployment and maintenance of software in production and non-production environments.
- Generate new application development environments and facilitate developer on-boarding and training.
- Design and maintain infrastructure-as-code and managed configuration that controls cloud and on-prem environments.
- Design and implement CI/CD processes for new and existing applications.
- Analyze the infrastructure of existing applications and systems to design improved architecture diagrams.
- Draft proposals for infrastructure migrations into cloud hosting from on-prem or poorly-architected environments.
- Design and implement observability and telemetry systems across the enterprise.
- Document completed work and resolutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills..
- Strong technical documentation skills for creating and developing a shared knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or math-related field.
- 3-5 years as a DevOps Engineer
Preferred Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of networking.
- Web servers: Apache, NGINX, IIS
- Cloud Providers: AWS
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible
- Telemetry: Elastic Stack, Datadog, Prometheus, CloudWatch
- Version Control: Git
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DocumentDB, Redshift
- Compliance: PCI and SOC.
- Software: Jira, Confluence
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance options at 80% employer paid
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life - $50k policy with option to increase at your expense
- 401(k) option with 100% company match up to 4% of your compensation
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $100,000 - $ 135,000 USD per year
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.