The Software Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the Product Development department is running efficiently. Focused on the highest value work and consistently delivering high quality work in a timely fashion.
- Lead world class engineering teams that deliver Mission Driven products.
- Drive software engineering, agile process of development and operational excellence through clear metrics and continuous learning.
- Work with the Product Manager to understand the product strategy and vision, and execute the roadmap by leading the Build team in building products, features and enhancements – ensuring the most valuable work is done first
- Ongoing innovation of the product and technology.
- Manage multiple projects within timeline and budget.
- Manage the delivery for the projects
- Manage resources for the scope and size of the project.
- Ability to handle small and big migration projects both internal and external for customers.
- Prioritize projects and needs of the customers and the team.
- Maintain schedule of upgrades for the Dev Ops team to deliver the latest features, enhancements, and bug fixes to our clients.
- Oversee the Scrum processes, and plans to ensure that commitments and capacity are aligned, and ensure timely completion and delivery of features
- Inform and provide priorities for the department, including security improvements, bug fixes, and technical debt for the Build team and internal tools, automation, and process development for the Dev Ops team
- Facilitate the continued improvement of development standards, tools, and processes in the department and in coordination with the Ops Dev Manager
- Communicate with other departments about product changes, deadlines, priorities, and upgrades, upgrade schedules, and related issues.
- Responsible for effective employee relations, positive working relationships, conflict resolution, and communication for an effective, safe and respectful workplace
- Other related duties as assigned
- 5-6 yrs of software development experience
- 2 yrs of experience with AWS
- 2 yrs of expereince with Service Oriented Architecture
- 2 yrs of management experience
Our Tech Stack
- Programming Languages: PHP, .NET, C#, React, HTML/CSS
- Database: SQL
- Framework: MVC, AJAX, .NET, jQuery
- Services Oriented Architecture: REST & SOAP
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $130000 - 150000$ USD per year
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.