UnionWare, part of Togetherwork, develops software specifically for unions. Their technologies and tools are intuitive and allows their customers to gain insight and deeper knowledge of their membership. UnionWare has three things: an integrated set of union specific software modules, an experienced team of people with a deep understanding of unions and their needs, and a proven approach for how to continually elevate these organizations at every stage of growth. They’ve been around since the early nineties and work with unions of all types and sizes across Canada, the United States, and Australia.
We are a diverse group of amazing individuals, and we'd love to have you come and join us.
We believe that the best candidates are those that can learn quickly, and are compassionate and productive, regardless of their experience. In exchange, we'll provide you with an environment where you are included, valued, and empowered, so you can do amazing things.
- The Software Development Manager is responsible for ensuring the Product Development department is running efficiently. Focused on the highest value work and consistently delivering high quality work in a timely fashion.
EXCLUSION FROM COLLECTIVE AGREEMENT
- The Software Development Manager is excluded from the Collective Agreement as:
(a) the person performs management functions primarily, and
(b) the person is employed in a confidential capacity in matters relating to labor relations
- Lead world class engineering teams that deliver Unionware products to consumers globally.
- Drive software engineering, agile process of development and operational excellence through clear metrics and continuous learning.
- Work with the Product Manager to understand the product strategy and vision, and execute the roadmap by leading the Build team in building products, features and enhancements – ensuring the most valuable work is done first
- Ongoing innovation of the product and technology.
- Manage multiple projects within timeline and budget.
- Manage the delivery for the projects
- Manage resources for the scope and size of the project.
- Ability to handle small and big migration projects both internal and external for customers.
- Prioritize projects and needs of the customers and the team.
- Maintain schedule of upgrades for the Dev Ops team to deliver the latest features, enhancements, and bug fixes to our clients.
- Oversee the Scrum processes, and plans to ensure that commitments and capacity are aligned, and ensure timely completion and delivery of features
- Inform and provide priorities for the department, including security improvements, bug fixes, and technical debt for the Build team and internal tools, automation, and process development for the Dev Ops team
- Facilitate the continued improvement of development standards, tools, and processes in the department and in coordination with the Ops Dev Manager
- Communicate with other departments about product changes, deadlines, priorities, and upgrades, upgrade schedules, and related issues.
- Responsible for effective employee/labor relations, positive working relationships, conflict resolution, and communication for an effective, safe and respectful workplace
- Other related duties as assigned
- A University degree in Computer Science or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- A Background in the Software Industry with relevant technical experience
- Experience managing a team
- Basic knowledge of the following networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSH, TLS/SSL, FTP/SFTP, LDAP, OAuth.
- Basic knowledge of Windows Networking.
- Understanding of web servers: IIS
- Frameworks & Concepts: MVC, AJAX, .NET, jQuery
- Databases: Microsoft SQL Server.
- Git Version Control.
- Service Oriented Architecture: REST, SOAP, Identity Federation.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and AWS CI/CD pipelines.
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Basic Life Insurance for employee and dependents
- Standard Group Medical & Dental Benefits
- Extended Health coverage
- Family Responsibility Leave
- GRSP with 50% company match (to annual limit)
- 15 vacation days annually
- Profit Sharing
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.