Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
OmegaFi, part of Togetherwork, is your fraternal organization’s partner for long-term operational success. We help you run your chapter, house corporation, headquarters and foundation with unbeatable efficiency. Our solutions are comprehensive, customer-centered and IT-intense. OmegaFi’s powerful tools enable fraternities and sororities to more effectively bill and collect dues and rent, manage rosters and records, pay bills and employees, file tax returns, build websites, and process payments. Learn more at: https://www.omegafi.com/.
The Senior Software Developer manages web applications including design, development, deployment and maintenance phases to support internal and external business processes and service offerings.
Development – 80% of time
- Work with product team to develop requirements and analyze technical specifications for existing applications and new software developments.
- Participate in architecture and design decisions related to new and existing products.
- Maintain and modify code for existing business applications to meet new system requirements, debug existing applications, and enhance system usability.
- Establish good data stewardship practices to ensure that data is being used ethically and care is taken to enrich and protect data belonging to the company or the client.
- Understand and participate in infrastructure maintenance including log maintenance, determining status of running applications, and interconnectivity between applications and their associated resources.
- Identify performance issues and develop solutions to remediate them as well as assess the needs for scaling an application.
Management – 20% of time
- Provide peer support and develop new training and/or participate in individual or departmental training sessions to keep current on new technologies and programming standards.
- Maintain and/or schedule sprints to meet company development goals and ensure employees are not over or under-utilized.
- Establish goals and success indicators for development team and individuals. Perform regular reviews with direct reports for employees and provide candid feedback, retrospective takeaways, and come up with comprehensive plans for how to grow that employee to fit department needs and utilize their existing talent and interests.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or math-related field.
- 7+ Years of experience in this field
- 3+ years of experience supervising technical resources, coordinating work efforts with project managers and company leadership to define project scope, doing capacity planning for existing resources, estimate timelines, mentoring/coaching both subordinates and peers, and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams to accomplish high impact initiatives.11. Strong understanding of Agile software development.
- Strong understanding of web application interface design, including application layouts and usability studies.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design.
- Ability to manage versioning of production systems and understanding of how teams work collaboratively using version control, and how to facilitate enterprise level CI/CD used by production teams for proper change management control practices.
- Implement and update automated testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Document completed work and other development processes.
- Fundamental knowledge of a web programming language and the stack involved in receiving and responding to web requests.
- Fundamental knowledge of how databases are built, queried, and used for web applications.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $70,000 - $100,000 USD per year