Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, associations, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
Fonteva is the leading Salesforce.com ISV (Independent Software Vendor) for Events Management and Membership. Fonteva is fully native to Salesforce.com allowing our customers around the world to leverage our expertise alongside the power and scalability of Salesforce.com, offering unrivaled functionality and rapid time to value.
The Technical Writer, as a member of the Knowledge Development team, will produce content for a robust learning ecosystem. The developed content will be used by a diverse base of end users such as customers, partners, developers, and Fontevans. He/she will work closely with the Product Managers, Software Engineers, and Professional Services to deliver content both within and across product release cycles.
- Understand Fonteva software, product updates, and customer requirements.
- Research product features, functionality, and changes to determine scope of edits for assigned areas of documentation.
- Write clear, concise documentation based on feature-requirement specifications, information from developers and product managers, and use of the product.
- Work both independently as well as part of a team with management.
- Revise knowledge content to incorporate product updates and enhancements requested by customers and internal users.
- Proofread and edit documentation to ensure consistency of language and style, as well as correct application of templates.
- Produce screenshots, flowcharts, and other graphics.
- Provide input on documentation design and implementation.
- Participate in process improvement activities related to content development and delivery.
- Regularly work with the various constituencies consuming knowledge content to ascertain its effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 1-2+ years of experience as a Technical Writer or similar occupation that includes writing user guides and online training and help systems.
- Good organization and time management skills; self-starter and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Technical aptitude, ability to quickly learn how to use products and tools, and enthusiasm for technology.
- Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of the software documentation process from design to commercial release, using industry best practices.
- Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Experience learning, using, and writing about CRM, e-Commerce, or accounting applications a plus.
- Attention to detail, with excellent proofreading/editing, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional and remote teams, and across product development lifecycles.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to produce documentation from feature requirements, wireframes, and meetings with various subject matter experts.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
US Remote: $65,000 USD per year