Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Software Development Manager position reports to the VP, Product Development, and is responsible for the development and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable and reliable platform.
You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
As a Software Development Manager, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall development life cycle of the solution and manage complex projects with significant bottom-line impact
- Work with product managers in developing a strategy and road map to provide compelling capabilities for the product.
- Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Instill the best practices for software development and documentation, assure designs meet requirements, and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Project management - prioritization, planning of projects and features, Stakeholder management and tracking of external commitments in coordination with Product Management team
- Translate business requirements from business into technical solutions, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Operational Excellence - monitoring & operation of production services
- Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives. Set clear, measurable, and quality goals for the organization in a data-driven way.
- Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
- 7+ years of Software Development experience; 3+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
- Deep hands-on technical expertise in web and mobile technologies
- Solid software development background including design patterns and data structures
- Software development experience in building web services and highly scalable applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Managed a team of 10+ engineers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Must also have broad and deep technical understanding of the technologies in this field, including but not limited to
- Front End technologies like ReactJS / Angular
- PHP related technologies and its frameworks
- Experience working with cloud service providers (preferably AWS).
- Modern System Architecture Patterns
- Experience working with modern SQL Databases (preferably MySQL)
- Strong data management principles, around data architecture, modeling/design, data quality, security, data organization and operations.
- Knowledge and experience working with payment processing technologies (preferably Stripe)
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.
Salary Range Disclosure
The base range represents the low and high end of the Togetherwork salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on factors including, but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Togetherwork's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include discretionary bonuses, long term incentives, a flexible paid vacation/personal time policy, 6 weeks paid parental leave and more.
US Remote: $135,000 USD per year