Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, associations, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to manage products integral to developing new software or supporting developers in that effort. DevOps Engineers create a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to system administration topics. They split their time between operations/on-call duties and developing systems and software that help increase site reliability and performance. A DevOps Engineer combines an understanding of both engineering and coding and they assist developers and other personnel by managing infrastructure pertaining to software. A DevOps Engineer works with various departments to create and develop systems within a company. From creating and implementing systems software to analyzing data to improve existing ones, a DevOps Engineer increases productivity in the workplace. A DevOps Engineer works to balance various aspects of a project, most of them complex issues such as programming and network building.
- Create and manage infrastructure using tools such as Terraform to allow for change management and automation.
- Develop, implement, and maintain configuration management systems that allow for Desired State Configuration using tools such as SaltStack. This is to enforce standards across platforms and promote automation and consistency.
- Promote and guide the process of migrations to the cloud. Preparing the SaaS applications in our care to transition to being hosted and supported using the pubic cloud.
- In close collaboration with the engineering teams of a product line, own the creation of automation tools and pipelines capable of deploying code to production with minimal human intervention. This should promote the usage of things such as automated testing, regression testing, unit tests, load tests, and functional tests.
- Promote, where possible, the usage of managed services to reduce the overall support requirements of maintaining product lines, further generating value for the company and reducing the overall cost of ownership to the product line.
- Participate in the process of reviewing and approving changes, providing oversight where possible, and implementing those changes in the environment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform regular scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the different environments used by the products maintained by Togetherwork. This work is to increase the security and reliability of the systems that we support and to maintain industry compliances.
- Primary on-call availability for support and troubleshooting servers supporting applications.
- Meet or exceed annual goals.
- Comply with all company, divisional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Represent the company to clients and the public.
- Manage time sensitive tasks on a daily basis.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Protect confidential information.
- Contribute to departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Other duties as required.
Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or math-related field or equivalent 2+ years of work experience in a related field.
- Displays a high degree of attention to detail with excellent analytical and problem solving skills. This role requires the ability to think non-linearly and apply critical thought to problems presented.
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic and possesses the ability to accomplish tasks or goals in a timely manner either independently or as part of a team.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. This team requires working interdepartmentally so it is required that this role has the ability to present highly technical or niche concepts in an approachable and engaging way to non-technical peers.
- Comfort speaking to small groups, large groups, or giving presentations to team members or internal stakeholders.
- Strong technical documentation skills for creating and developing a shared knowledge base.
- Possesses the communication skills needed to address concerns with accuracy or approach in a way that promotes open communication and engagement.
- Strong understanding of agile methodologies and software development practices based on iterative development and delivery. As measured by:
- Hands on experience in a contributor role developing software, participating in sprints, or other agile rituals.
- Strong understanding of SaaS applications and how they work behind the scenes to deliver value to customers.
As measured by:
- The ability to articulate how web application or database servers work, a basic understanding of how traffic is routed through a network, and some experience managing production environments .
- Intermediate experience with automation tools and processes that promote scalability, reliability, maintainability, or observability. As measured by one of the following:
- Demonstrable experience in a role supporting production or client facing systems where you used automation or scripting to reduce errors, eliminate repetitive tasks, and improve time to delivery.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or other tools in this category to maintain and provision servers or for the purposes of deploying software and tools.
- Experience using Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, or others to create and provision servers and infrastructure on private or public cloud offerings such as AWS, Azure, or GCE.
- Moderate proficiency using automation tools for change management processes and deployments. Preferably this is demonstrated by creating and managing Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for customer facing systems and environments.
- Basic ability fo create documentation to create and enrich department knowledge bases, run books, trouble shooting articles, and even future requirements for work as it arises. As measured by:
- Experience generating internal documentation used for maintaining compliance, assisting development teams, infrastructure staff, or end-user-support teams.
- A penchant for creating institutional knowledge and promoting open learning by developing and sharing documentation for processes that are created.
- Fundamental knowledge of the following networking:
- External firewalls and WAFs.
- IPS/IDS and the role they play.
- Load balancers and how they route traffic.
- Security Groups / Internal firewalls
- Routing traffic based off of ports
- Basic understanding of CIDR and subnetting.
- Fundamental knowledge of Windows & Linux Networking.
- Web servers: Apache and NGINX
- Service Oriented Architecture: RESTful APIs
- Cloud Providers: AWS, Azure, Google.
- Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform
- Programming Languages: Python, Ruby, Go, PHP
- Telemetry: Datadog, ELK Stack, Grafana, Prometheus, CloudWatch
- Git Version Control.
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- Compliance: PCI and SOC.
- Software: Jira, Confluence, GitLab,
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.