Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Software Developer Lead position reports to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering, and is responsible for the development and support of applications leveraging his/her expertise and knowledge of multiple systems/customer areas to help build a robust, scalable and reliable platform.
You will be a part of an experienced engineering team and work with passionate leaders on challenging topics.
The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of technology and people management skills; has a keen desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability and fully own the delivery of the product.
As Software Developer Lead, you will:
- Perform coding/configuration, testing, implementation and documentation on solutions developed including design specifications.
- Perform applications programming activities, to include code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify applications programs.
- Layout technical vision for the team and lead the design for the product while ensuring high-quality development.
- Leverage modern cloud-first technologies to create efficient and performant processes.
- Partner effectively and influence peers and senior leadership both within the organization.
- Ability to extract, analyze, and report the data.
- Strong attention to detail when identifying data relationships, trends, and anomalies.
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key design decisions and handling failure scenarios.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and evaluate applicability of new software tools to platform development.
- Serve as a coach and mentor to more junior developers to include delegating and managing tasks, as appropriate.
- Commit to overall deliverables with customers and/or management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years' experience in building large scale distributed systems with high availability, scalability, and resilience.
- Experienced knowledge of maintaining and debugging live software systems. Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code or solutions quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks and software usability or end user related issues.
- Deep understanding of issues involved in delivering, deploying and supporting an integrated suite of products.
- Ability to grasp new areas; and adapt to changes.
- Proficient in AWS Cloud Eco System.
- Proficient in CI/CD process and tools preferred.
- Proficient in PHP and other backend technologies.
- Proficient in Database technologies. Preference for MySQL
- Proficient in mobile development (iOS/Android)
- Knowledge and experience working in payments industry preferred.
- An advanced understanding of processes and practices which contribute to the reliability, maintainability, security, simplicity, performance, and testability of software.
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.