This role is not open to remote. Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Accounting Intern position supports the team by providing data entry and bookkeeping support in the Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, and Financial reporting areas of our business. This position is expected to take initiative in learning our software and working with different managers to assist with various projects.
- Pursuit of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Completion of 200 level accounting course
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Available to work for at least 3 consecutive school semesters
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with variety of options in varying situations
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Skill adaptability to meet changing job conditions
- Have a knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Beginner knowledge of budgets and bank reconciliations
- Develop documents following a prescribed format
- Understand complex, multistep written and oral instructions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to accomplish established goals
- Ability to manage resources
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods (several hours) with interruptions
- Professional in appearance and presentation to client
- Perform data entry tasks to assist the Accounts Receivable Manager on monthly invoicing of client accounts and general billing issues.
- Enter clients’ vendor invoices and other data entry to assist the Accounts Payable Manager with expense tracking and timely payment of client vendor invoices
- Record cash transactions and reconcile client bank accounts monthly.
- Provide requested documents for internal and external parties for financial information and analysis.
- Participate in staff meetings and communicate progress of duties.
- Comply with all company, divisional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage time sensitive tasks.
- Protect confidential information.
- Contribute to departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Other duties as required
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.