Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including associations, fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
OmegaFi, part of Togetherwork, is your fraternal organization’s partner for long-term operational success. We help you run your chapter, house corporation, headquarters and foundation with unbeatable efficiency. Our solutions are comprehensive, customer-centered and IT-intense. OmegaFi’s powerful tools enable fraternities and sororities to more effectively bill and collect dues and rent, manage rosters and records, pay bills and employees, file tax returns, build websites, and process payments. Learn more at: https://www.omegafi.com/.
The Software Developer manages web applications including design, development, deployment and maintenance phases to support internal and external business processes and service offerings.
- Build, maintain and modify code for existing business applications to meet new system requirements, debug existing applications, and enhance system usability.
- Work with product team to develop requirements and analyze technical specifications for existing applications and new software developments.
- Adhere to departmental standards for design, documentation and development.
- Monitor and enforce the company's ongoing customer service and quality control efforts by participating in peer code reviews and project management.
- Work closely with the Database team to design and develop models to meet application needs.
- Work with quality assurance resources to ensure development meets requirements for security, usability, and requirements specifications.
- Establish good data stewardship practices to ensure that data is being used ethically and care is taken to enrich and protect data belonging to the company or the client.
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer or math-related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience
- Strong understanding of Agile software development.
- Strong understanding of web application interface design, including application layouts and usability studies.
- Strong understanding of object oriented design.
- Ability to manage versioning of production systems, and understanding of how teams work collaboratively using version control, and how to facilitate enterprise level CI/CD used by production teams for proper change management control practices.
- Implement and update automated testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Strong technical documentation skills for creating and developing a shared knowledge base.
- Fundamental knowledge of a web programming language and the stack involved in receiving and responding to web requests.
- Fundamental knowledge of how databases are built, queried, and used for web applications.
- Basic knowledge of the following networking protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, SSH, TLS/SSL, FTP/SFTP, LDAP.
- Basic knowledge of Windows & Linux Networking.
- Understanding of web servers: Apache and NGINX
- Frameworks & Concepts: MVC, Rails, AJAX, .NET, Laravel, jQuery
- Service Oriented Architecture: REST, SOAP, Identity Federation.
- Git Version Control.
- Databases: SQL Server, MySQL.
- Basic knowledge of PCI and SOC compliance.
- A high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and math
- Strong communication skills to present highly technical or niche concepts in an approachable and engaging way to non-technical peers. Additionally possesses the skills to address concerns with accuracy or approach in a way that promotes open communication and engagement. Comfort speaking to small or large groups or giving presentations.
- An unquestionable work ethic with the ability to accomplish established goals in a timely manner either independently or as part of a team.
- Experience providing direct training and documentation for adherence to standards as well as promoting consistency and growth.
- Ability to collaborate between teams and with team members to analyze and translate specifications into code as well as communicate impediments when they arise.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.