Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Operations Accounting Manager will prepare and analyze the financial results for a Business Unit (consists of 2-5 operating entities). The position will report directly to the Controller and have exposure to leadership, including CFO and management of the operating entities
- Develop a deep understanding of the operating entities and strengthen related business acumen. Manage relationships and coordinate with the key contracts at the operating entities
- Execute month end closing activities for the operating entities, including account reconciliations, journal entries, roll-forwards, and various monthly analysis. Support the accounting team and business to monitor and resolve issues encountered to comply with established due dates
- Perform fluctuation of actual results and variance to budget analysis for the operating entities and summarize / communicate results. Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis and reporting for senior management
- Provide coaching, leadership, and mentoring to staff accountants
- Identify process gaps and enhancements to improve timeliness and accuracy of financial reporting. Lead process improvements and improve areas of efficiency across the team
- Contribute to improvement of internal control environment and assist to establish and execute remediation plan for any ineffective key controls
- Identify opportunities to improve utilization of financial accounting systems and automation opportunities
- Ensure proper recognition of revenue, including recognition of revenue for multi-element arrangements and deferred revenue
- Assist with the integration, purchase accounting, and reporting of newly acquired operating entities
- Support the preparation and coordination of the interim and year-end audit requests from the external auditors
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance;
- CPA required
- 3-5 years of relevant Accounting experience; Big 4 Public Accounting experience required
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to, Sage Intacct, Blackline, Kyriba, Concur.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel, required (must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets) – ability to write macros or perform more complex data analytics a huge plus
- Experience in payments and/or SaaS
- Experience supervising one or more staff for one or more years highly preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Strong problem-solver with high attention to detail
- Team player with a strong work ethic
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.