Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
We are continuing to expand and are looking for a Corporate Development Intern for the Summer of 2021. This intern is to be based remotely within the U.S, preferably in the New York City area. This is a paid internship and will average 20 - 40 hours a week.
As Togetherwork seeks to better serve its communities, it has been and remains imperative to actively search for and evaluate new opportunities in our core markets. In line with this focus, maintaining a robust acquisition/partnership pipeline and maintaining internal market data is an important function of the Corporate Development team. We are seeking an intern who has excellent organizational capabilities to help spearhead market research initiatives for the Corporate Development team. This would include ‘deep-dive’ market fact-finding missions and organization for executive team presentations. Additionally, the student will help the Corporate Development team re-organize and qualify in-house market data and analysis to help cater different market approaches. Finally, there exists the possibility to involve the student in a more outward facing role, in facilitating and conducting outreach to potential partners to get them interested in Togetherwork’s mission.
- Research SaaS trends to help determine areas of opportunity and further develop our premise on the SaaS market and its competitive landscape
- Analyze other SaaS companies and make assessments regarding their potential as acquisitions, competitors, or partner opportunities
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of shared databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date
- Support strategic initiatives such as international expansion, product and audience expansion, partnerships, and investment opportunities
- Partner with business and product leaders to develop business cases
- Present key findings and recommendations to executives Requirements
- A rising sophomore, junior, or senior currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related to corporate M&A from an accredited four-year college or university
- Be legally allowed to work in the US (US citizen, green card, or F1 student visa holder)
- Have the ability to work for a continuous 12 weeks in the summer
- Have the ability to work 40 hours per week, as needed
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Self-motivated; independent, organized, and proactive; highly responsive, flexible, and adaptable when working across multiple teams; interest in Togethwork’s mission
- Ability to think critically and work autonomously in both well-defined and ambiguous project environments
- Experience with a Salesforce, or similar CRM platforms, is a plus
- Experience with market research and business analysis is a plus
- Demonstrated passion for M&A, SaaS and finance is a plus
- Project or internship experience in private equity, venture capital, or consulting is a plus
- Project or internship experience in the SaaS and/or technology industry is a plus
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life -
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.