Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, associates, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Account Specialist position supports the team by overseeing all areas relating to financial reporting and accounting functions of our clients. This position is expected to take initiative in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures towards accurately reporting and forecasting the financial health of a select client base.
Preferred Locations: Tuscaloosa, Alabama and Columbus, GA - remote.
- Assist clients in creating an annual budget, tracking expenses, and managing monthly contributions
- Work with Accounts Receivable Manager on monthly invoicing of client accounts and general billing issues
- Work with Accounts Payable Manager on expense tracking and timely payment of client vendor invoices
- Prepare tax returns for clients (990’s and 990T’s) as necessary
- Maintain accurate records in order to reflect the financial condition of the clients
- Provide all financial reporting to management including balance sheet, profit, and loss statements
- Provide support in general leger management
- Support the development, review, and analysis of consolidated financial forecast
- Provide requested documents for internal and external parties for financial information and analysis
- Organize meetings with client management to discuss financial forecasts
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 1-3 years’ experience in public accounting or equivalency
- Ability to prepare tax returns including 990’s and 990T’s
- Perform standard bookkeeping and record keeping
- Develop financial, profit, and loss statements
- Develop budgets
- Develop documents following a prescribed format
- Understand complex, multistep written and oral instructions
- Have a knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to deal with variety of options in varying situations
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Skill adaptability to meet changing job conditions
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- An unquestionable work ethic and the ability to accomplish established goals
- Ability to manage resources
- A high degree of attention to detail
- The ability to concentrate for extended periods (several hours) with interruptions
- Professional in appearance and presentation to clients
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life -
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.