Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
Fonteva, part of Togetherwork, is the leading Salesforce.com ISV (Independent Software Vendor) for Events Management and Membership. Fonteva is fully native to Salesforce.com allowing our customers to leverage our expertise alongside the power and scalability of Salesforce.com, offering unrivaled functionality and rapid time to value. We work with many prestigious brands across the world.
The Scrum Master is the bridge between customers’ business needs and Fonteva’s technical possibilities. They help to guide products from conception to launch, designing and delivering applications that customers love.
The Product Management team is responsible for guiding the success of the product and leading cross-functional teams that are responsible for analyzing, improving, and maintaining the product. The team is responsible for the product vision, strategy, and the direction of the roadmap. They are the voice of the customer to the product team and, transversely, the voice of the product team in communicating and describing all things product to our stakeholders. The scrum master function will enable that team to execute efficiently and with predictability.
- Helping the Business Analysts maintain their project backlogs by ensuring user stories are articulated in the correct format, that they are independent, negotiable, valuable, estimable, small, and testable to the extent possible, and that the acceptance criteria are defined and clear.
- Coaching the organization on the transition to a scrum working framework
- Coach teams to align solutions to the product roadmap where applicable
- Assess and address risks to project timelines by working with project managers to properly prioritize development work while still ensuring readiness of the user stories for development
- Work closely with internal teams, including developers, engineers, architects, quality assurance, and operations. Ensure requirements are fully understood and that implementation plans match expectations.
- Facilitate scrum events (grooming, daily standups, sprint kickoff, retrospectives, etc)
- Coaching the development team in self-organization by making sure each person is working on the right tasks, helping to remove any obstacles to the team members’ progress, and protecting the team from distractions
- Work with the team to ensure time is billed to the appropriate projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or closely related field, or equivalent experience required; Master’s degree a plus
- 7+ years of experience in the field of Business Systems/Software, or education/coursework in lieu of experience; preferably in a Scrum Master role
- Deep understanding of the values and principles of agile software development
- Technology/Solutions consulting, cloud technologies, SalesForce.com experience in a business environment a plus
- Knowledge of full software development lifecycle from requirements through deployment
- Proven ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and technical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail and results-oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-oriented environment
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Nonprofit and associations experience a plus
- Some travel may be necessary post pandemic
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Understanding of associations/association management space
- One or more Salesforce certifications
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life -
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.