Role based in Atlanta, GA. Local preferred. Open to Remote
Fonteva has been acquired by Togetherwork. Togetherwork is a family of entrepreneurial businesses providing online dashboard solutions (SaaS) to groups and organizations for management, administration, and payments. Its purpose is to help these businesses grow, become more efficient, increase revenue, and provide excellent service to their members and constituents.
Togetherwork’s business lines provide software and payment solutions to a range of groups, including fraternal organizations, museums, nature centers, pet services, universities, and zoos.
At Togetherwork, we are building the leader in Group Management Software and Payments by bringing together companies that connect people with the institutions most important to them. Our group of innovative companies are best-in-class in their respective verticals with strong management teams and commitment to customer service. When you start here, you will find yourself in an environment that is exciting, motivating, challenging, and fun.
The Tax Accountant will primarily assist with the preparation of sales tax filings for approximately 20 operating companies. The tax accountant will also have the opportunity to assist the Tax Manager with other tax related projects (nexus evaluations, taxability determinations, etc) on an ad hoc basis.
- Pull, maneuver, and review detailed sales reports.
- Prepare sales tax filings and relevant payments.
- Maintain customer exemption certificates.
- Assist with data gathering for federal corporate income tax and state/local corporate income/franchise tax filings.
- Work with Tax Manager on various ad-hoc tax projects such as nexus evaluations, taxability determinations, credit & incentive procurement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field required.
- 1+ year of relevant tax accounting experience, with at least one busy season completed.
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel (must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets).
- Strong interest in learning about tax (predominately sales tax, but other tax types at a higher level as well).
- Experience working with platforms such as Sage Intacct & Avalara is preferred.
- Experience in payment processing and/or software as a service (SaaS) is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize & multi-task.
- Strong problem-solver with high attention to detail.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
The Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 100% Employer paid short/long term disability
- Basic Life -
- 401(k) option with 100% company match
- Flexible paid personal/vacation time built on mutual trust and accountability
- 10 sick days annually
- 9 company paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
Inclusion and Diversity: Togetherwork is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are a company where diverse backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are valued. Togetherwork does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age, ethnic or national origin, or any other basis protected by all local, state or federal laws.