Position: Data & Research Associate
Location: Virtual (100% remote)
Type: Full-Time Role (12 month, contract position)
OVERVIEW OF NXU
nXu (short for nexus) is a non-profit initiative that provides research-based, transformative, purpose-driven learning experiences for youth and adults through a school-based curriculum, educator training and development, and direct student programming. Through our model, we cultivate spaces to elevate joy and center our collective stories. We dig deep to explore the unique set of joys, strengths, and values that intersect to drive each of us in a meaningful direction. In doing so, we learn to see our identities as powerful and essential for charting fulfilling future pathways.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
We are seeking a Data & Research Associate to play an essential role in driving our data-related initiatives and efforts in support of our programming, organizational capacity building, and Purpose Opportunity Program (POP) management. The Data & Research Associate will support key strategic initiatives for the organization, including data analysis, data systems redesign, improvement and integration, and data-related strategic planning. The ideal teammate will have a passion for using data and systems to serve a mission and will be energized by opportunities to solve tricky data and process challenges. They will also possess strong project management skills, a keen attention to detail, will name problems when they see them, and will work to identify solutions that meet the needs of nXu. Lastly, they will see the power in using data and systems to answer big organizational questions and find joy in building reports, leveraging tools, and gathering insights to serve this purpose.
This is a fast-paced and virtual role. This person will work closely with Cat Lum, nXu’s Director of Programs and Maggie Antonelli, nXu’s Director of Curriculum and Assessment, as well as with nXu’s Operations Manager, and Yutaka Tamura, nXu’s Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key elements of this role include systems creation and system administration for collecting and analyzing data, project management, data cleaning & analysis, and effective documentation of analytical research and findings. Specific job responsibilities include:
- General Program Data Management: Oversee the organization and management of nXu program data and operational systems, including programming survey creation & maintenance.
- Maintain systems that house participant data;
- Analyze and visualize participant data in data dashboards;
- Create and maintain participant data;
- Provide feedback on and refine existing data and operational systems to support the organization to more effectively serve students and educators;
- Support management of data-related marketing and grant requests, including:
- Pull requested data and draft data points for grant applications and marketing materials, as needed; and
- Create reports in Salesforce with support from Operations Manager, as needed, for grant writing purposes.
- Research Support: Support with evaluating the efficacy of the program, including a Program Evaluation Study that is currently in process.
- Additional Support: Support the nXu team in additional areas of program operations & data analysis as needed.
The right candidate for this position must possess the following skills, traits, and experiences:
- A belief in nXu’s mission and a passion for helping young people and professionals explore, articulate and pursue their purpose in life;
- A mastery of Google Sheets or Excel (pivot tables, formulas, etc);
- Experience working with Airtable;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Strong time-management skills and ability to be self-directed, prioritize multiple workstreams, review progress towards goals, and apply data and information to move the work forward;
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and share data in compelling and digestible ways;
- Ability to analyze data and provide insights for recommendations and process improvements;
- A desire to tackle new projects, be creative, and propose new solutions;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Self-directed and comfortable working with a remote team, often independently;
- A strong attention to detail;
- The ability to manage multiple priorities at one time;
- The willingness to share feedback and reflections with peers and nXu leadership directly and in a way that can support shared resolution;
- The ability to receive and implement feedback and coaching;
- Experience using Salesforce or an equivalent CRM is a plus, but not required; and
- 2+ years of experience preferred with openness to post-college graduates.
nXu offers competitive compensation for this role.
nXu provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.