T-Minus Zero is a new, first-party, remote first studio formed by veteran game developers. Our mission is to build epic, immersive action games where players from around the world play together to form strong vibrant communities around our games. Our studio culture begins with implicit trust in everyone we hire. We are an open, friendly, mature, and highly collaborative environment that expertly balances quality of life with quality of work. We are looking for people who have a passion for making great player experiences. If you are looking for new opportunities check out all our open positions to see if there's a match for you.
T-Minus Zero is seeking a Senior Writer to join our team as a key contributor in the creation of our brand-new AAA game & IP. You will work closely with the Game Director, Art Director, and Design Director to further develop the narrative backdrop for our action-packed 3rd person multiplayer sci-fi game.
Are you passionate about bringing new worlds and characters to life? You’ll work with a multidisciplinary team to flesh out the setting, characters, factions, and history for our new IP. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work in a highly collaborative environment to help create a unique world-class IP. This is a special opportunity with a very talented team. We look forward to seeing your application!
- Collaborate with project leadership to develop and build a new science fiction property with unique qualities that make it stand out in the genre.
- Produce documentation and other supporting materials covering key concepts for the setting, history, factions, and characters.
- Work with Level Designers and Environment Artists to explore environmental storytelling techniques.
- Create a style guide to help instruct other team members on characters, locations, and stories that match our world’s tone and setting.
- Develop writing and naming standards with project leadership.
- 5+ years of professional world building, narrative design, and/or writing experience on AAA titles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience creating key game characters, writing in-game character dialogue and lore materials, or world building.
- A portfolio demonstrating your best work.
- Experience creating narrative or game content for AAA action games, shooters, or multiplayer games.
- Experience developing an original IP.
- Experience writing stories and creating worlds in other media.
- Strong passion for games and a deep understanding of various game genres.
Hourly Rate: $30.00 - $60.00
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.