T-Minus Zero is a new, first-party, remote first studio formed by veteran game developers. Our mission is to build epic, immersive action games where players from around the world play together to form strong vibrant communities around our games. Our studio culture begins with implicit trust in everyone we hire. We are an open, friendly, mature, and highly collaborative environment that expertly balances quality of life with quality of work. We are looking for people who have a passion for making great player experiences. If you are looking for new opportunities check out all our open positions to see if there's a match for you.
T-Minus Zero is seeking an engineer to lead our Engine team as a key contributor in the creation of our brand-new AAA game & IP. You will work closely with the Tech Director to help define and drive our usage of Unreal Engine 5 for an online, action-packed 3rd person multiplayer sci-fi game. To be successful in this role, you will need to be both a guide as well as collaborator for fellow teammates across all disciplines. As the team grows, you will be expected to help mentor and assist more junior team members. This is a special opportunity with a very talented team. We look forward to seeing your application!
- Write C++ to modify existing Unreal Engine features or create entirely new ones to execute the game’s overall vision.
- Define and maintain workflows that allow all disciplines to iterate effectively.
- Ensure the engine meets performance, scalability, and stability requirements.
- Provide technical leadership and help mentor less experienced team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 7 years of experience in game programming and at least two shipped AAA games.
- Ability to write, debug, and maintain C++ code.
- Ability to architect, document, and implement engine systems through research and analysis that meet the project’s technical goals.
- A solid understanding of game technology principles in rendering, physics, and networking.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical customers.
- Experience working with Unreal Engine, with prior UE4+ experience highly desirable.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Portfolio of previous projects showing a range of experience.
Comp Range: $ 154,000 - $250,000
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.