T-Minus Zero is a new, first-party, remote first studio formed by veteran game developers. Our mission is to build epic, immersive action games where players from around the world play together to form strong vibrant communities around our games. Our studio culture begins with implicit trust in everyone we hire. We are an open, friendly, mature, and highly collaborative environment that expertly balances quality of life with quality of work. We are looking for people who have a passion for making great player experiences. If you are looking for new opportunities check out all our open positions to see if there's a match for you.
T-Minus Zero is seeking a Senior Gameplay Designer to join our team as a key contributor in the creation of our brand-new AAA game & IP. You will work closely with the Game Director and Design Director to help define and drive the design vision for the moment-to-moment fun of an action-packed 3rd person multiplayer sci-fi game. Do you nerd out on gun feel and aim assist models? Do you dream of building new innovative weapons and super fun unique abilities? If so, this may be the job for you! To be successful in this role, you will need to be both a guide as well as collaborator for fellow teammates across all disciplines. Most of your time will be spent hands-on in the tools creating the fun. In addition to that, you will spend time communicating your design goals, requirements, and feedback to other teammates to ensure success. As the team grows, you will be expected to help mentor and assist more junior team members. This is a special opportunity with a very talented team. We look forward to seeing your application!
- Develop easy to understand design goals that support the creative direction of the game.
- Produce documentation and other supporting materials to communicate design goals and requirements.
- Work in the Unreal Engine to create and implement fun moment-to-moment gameplay.
- Accountable for implementing, balancing, and upkeep of major features of the game such as, controls, weapons, abilities, health, and damage feedback (and more!).
- Collaborate closely with engineers, animators, artists, sound designers and others to ensure a high-quality experience with excellent cause-and-effect feedback for players.
- Champion inclusive and accessible gameplay systems.
- Drive an iterative development cycle - oversee playtests to seek feedback and identify practical solutions to problems.
- 5+ years of professional game design experience.
- Experience shipping weapons, abilities, and/or character movement packages in a first- or third-person action or shooter game
- Proficiency in Unreal Engine and its various tools and systems.
- Excellent scripting chops in Blueprint or similar visual/text-based languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in multiplayer AAA game development with a focus on action-oriented/shooter games.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make data-informed design decisions.
- Experience prototyping gameplay on a shipped AAA action or shooter title
- Strong passion for games and a deep understanding of various game genres.
Comp Range: $115,000 - $160,000
We are an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other protected status as required as by law.