Associate Director of Finance: Revenue
Do you want to ensure that progressive organizations have access to the best possible data, technology, and technical expertise? We know movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever, and many organizations and activists cannot easily access the tools to scale their work.
Launched in 2018, The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a nonprofit founded with the aim of creating a cooperative community addressing these structural challenges. Currently, our membership stands at nearly 75 national member organizations and 500 state-based organizations covered under our licenses. We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC is also a member cooperative -- our board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
The Associate Director of Finance - Revenue is responsible for the accurate and timely recording of revenue and expenses to the General Ledger and management of contract setup and renewals. The individual in this role will join a growing accounting and finance team and will be involved in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Management of the Billing staff, ensuring timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments to vendors, suppliers, creditors, and other parties involved in business transactions
- Develop team productivity reporting and standards to ensure appropriate workload capacity and accuracy.
- Participate in the development and reporting of constellation OKRs
- Create and maintain Impact Reporting constellation statistics
- Assist in the preparation of CEO and Board of Director periodic reporting
- Management of member invoicing to ensure adherence to MOU and EULA agreements and TMC policies and procedures
- Develop strong relationships with member organizations; resolving issues equitably with compassion and caring to ensure member satisfaction
- Prepare and analyze A/R aging reports. Initiate collection activity based on constellation defined collection practices
- Ensure accurate account coding of all transactions, identify, and correct discrepancies, and provide revisions to billing staff in a timely manner.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data to inform the forecast of future revenues and expenses
- Works closely with the Sr. Program Manager, Contracts to ensure accurate and timely setup and renewal of membership MOUs, vendor EULAs and other formalized agreements. Monitor membership renewal schedule
- Onboard new members and vendors regarding financial policies and processes
- Ensure proper documentation to inform accurate tax withholding and reporting
- Assist in the analysis of financial data to inform the forecast of future revenues
- Manage/perform Cash Management activities. Ensure daily recording and appropriate allocation of cash receipts to outstanding invoices
- Review and recommend weekly disbursements
- Minimum 6 years experience in accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger and contracts
- Experience with accounting software packages, including implementations and enhancements
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented with a passion for accuracy
- Collaborative disposition with experience working in a team environment
- Minimum 3 years management experience, union environment a plus
We especially encourage applications from people who have any of these additional qualifications:
- Experience with accounting software, productivity, communications, and project management software, particularly Sage intact, MS Office, Google Apps, AirTable, Slack and Asana.
- Familiarity with progressive movements and the advocacy space.
- Prolonged periods of working on a computer
The Movement Cooperative is dedicated to providing all employees a competitive salary, world-class healthcare, dental and vision benefits, retirement, unlimited paid vacation and sick days, flexible holidays, and all-staff holidays, remote virtual office, paid parental and adoption family leaves, and health and wellness benefits. The salary for this position is $106,575-$108,000. This is a full-time exempt position.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing why you are interested in this role and your qualifications, in PDF format.
Here’s what you can expect from our interview process:
- Application Review
- Assessment Materials Submission
- Panel interview ~60 minutes
- Final Interview with Chief Financial Officer - 30 minutes
The Movement Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
The Movement Cooperative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At The Movement Cooperative, we have a clear vision: to be the organization where a diverse mix of talented people want to be, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best to our members, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.