Program Manager, Operational Impact, Remote
The right candidate will have experience leading medium to large products and systems projects, and excel at written and verbal communications. A background in program management, product management, strategy consulting, and/or organizational design is a significant plus. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs and balancing the needs of various internal and external stakeholders. You will be expected to have strong opinions about tradeoffs as well as the analytic background necessary to track adoption and performance. You will be comfortable working with multiple stakeholders to define program requirements, understand customer needs and operational constraints, and define success metrics and performance tracking methods for process improvement.
The Movement Cooperative (TMC) is a member-led organization that serves to sustainably provide the best available data, technology, and resources to the progressive community. We know movement organizing and advocacy are more urgent than ever and many organizations and activists cannot easily access the tools to scale their work. TMC exists to expand access to high-impact resources, and to build cooperative progressive power. Our work helps our member organizations make the world better.
Our members consist of large national and emerging regional organizations. Collectively, our members reach over 200 Million people in America in their work.
We leverage the collective purchasing power of our membership to secure cooperatively held data and technology licenses shared across membership and invest in common infrastructure like technical staff to support our members in their work. TMC’s board is elected by and made up of our member organizations.
We seek to create systems in which all members have an equal voice and access to the TMC community, regardless of their resources, perceived technical and strategic sophistication or relationships with traditional progressive power structures.
In this role, you will:
- Define, develop, and land process improvement initiatives, creating and implementing best practices to address key operational challenges, customer pain points, and sources of friction.
- Translate objectives into clear program requirements
- Partner across functions to understand root-cause failures, develop strategies to mitigate, and land efforts to solve.
- Where appropriate, implement software solutions to optimize process improvements
- Manage expectations of key internal stakeholders
This person will also work within the larger Operations team to provide general member support and contribute to long term projects.
Required Mindsets and Attributes
- Fluent in equity concepts and language, understands their own privilege and power, and is able to bring equity impact analysis to life in the context of their tasks
- Dedicated to progressive issues, campaigns, and organizations
- Proactive, growth-oriented, pragmatic and detail-oriented project management skills
- Creative collaborator within a remote team
- A diligent and conscientious interpersonal savvy; overt willingness to act as cross-functional worker who never sees something as beyond their purview
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- Cares deeply about getting results, stays attentive to all specific tasks/follow-up items, and consistently meet deadlines
Desired Knowledge, Training, and Experience
- Equivalent aptitude and experience or a bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Computer Science or Engineering
- • 3+ years Experience in business process analysis and design, workflow analysis, and developing future business processes.
- Experience facilitating training and providing coaching in process improvement methodologies
- Strong ability to develop process improvement strategies using operational and performance data;
- Six Sigma certification
- Proven experience managing tight and demanding schedules
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience working cross functionally in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking
- Well developed ethical and moral compass
- Some coding experience
We especially encourage applications from people who have these additional attributes:
- Experience working or volunteering with a Political Campaign
- Experience working or volunteering with an Issue Advocacy Campaign
- Experience working or volunteering with a US non-profit organization
Home Internet Requirements
This position requires you to keep and *maintain a very minimum of 25 mbps download internet while working for TMC. **You also may be required to contact your home internet provider and increase your speed.
*All employees must
**Depending on area and local internet speed
While a very young organization, The Movement Cooperative is dedicated to provide all employees a competitive salary, world-class healthcare, dental and vision benefits, retirement, paid vacation and sick days, flexible holidays, and all-staff holidays, remote virtual office, paid maternity, paternity and adoption family leave, and health and wellness benefits. Salary range is $80,000 to $105,000 commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt position.
The Movement Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer.
The Movement Cooperative recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law.
At The Movement Cooperative, we have a clear vision: to be the organization where a diverse mix of talented people want to be, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best to our members, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
The Movement Cooperative's promotion of diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is more than a commitment at The Movement Cooperative—it is the foundation of why we exist. We are fully focused on equity and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, location, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.