The Leading Edge has a fantastic opportunity for a Strategic Quant Director to join the team in Pyrmont, Sydney. We’re looking for an experienced quantitative practitioner with a demonstrated aptitude for providing excellent client service.
As our Strategic Quant Director, you’ll be responsible for integrating The Leading Edge as a business partner with our clients, developing new business opportunities and leading these engagements. You’ll be expected to have a view in clients’ strategic business issues, proactively identifying what needs to be addressed and have the confidence to clearly articulate these to ensure opportunities are capitalised on. We’ll need someone highly skilled at analysis, story-telling, and providing strategic solutions to client problems by applying a range of advanced statistical techniques.
This role is suited to a self-motivated individual with a strong ambition to grow and progress their career. A true team player that enjoys collaborating with others to build and challenge their own thinking.
- Independently run projects end-to-end; Identifying opportunity, briefing, developing and pitching, running the project and delivering the results and recommendations
- Lead brainstorming analysis sessions, formulating hypothesis and opinion
- Actively seek out new methodologies, challenging existing conventions and looking to evolve the art of qualitative and/or quantitative techniques and analysis
- Lead quality assurance within the team
- Support and advise junior team members, providing guidance and development
- Responsible for overall profit targets, ensuring the client services team remains within budget
- Managing annual sales targets and weekly forecasting
What you’ll need:
- University qualification in Business Management or similar
- 9+ years in a market research role
- Diverse experience/background across a variety of relevant agency and/or client roles
- Proven experience responding to client briefs and writing winning proposals
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong networks and relationships
- Experience in developing clients and technical service capability
- Proven ability to generate new businesses
- Exemplary communication and written skills
In return you will receive the opportunity to join a vibrant working environment in stunning new centrally-located offices which we share with a range of dynamic creative agencies within the wider group. As a diverse and interesting team of highly motivated, technically savvy individuals, we are known for our smart, bespoke research-based solutions, as well as for our professionalism and visually-exciting deliverables.
A little about The Leading Edge
The Leading Edge is an established strategic research consultancy, born in Sydney 23 years ago, out of a frustration with the research industry and a desire to do things differently. Our purpose is quite simply, to provide clarity and a way forward in an increasingly complex marketing arena. We navigate complexity to create value. We do this through better understanding consumers, markets and organisations and how to influence behaviours.
Doing things differently means we attract a certain kind of person. A Leading Edger tends to have a healthy maverick streak, an aversion to the ordinary and a love of looking at problems with genuinely fresh eyes and telling it like it is.
If this sounds like you, please apply today!