Highsnobiety is a brand dedicated to the latest in style, culture, and the community pushing them forward. We don't just report on what's happening — we are shaping it. From industry deep dives to product curations to our very own in-house garments, our goal is to bring you not anything and everything, but only the best of the best on all fronts. And we want you to be a part of that!
The same applies to our newest venture – Highsnobiety GATEZERO. With Highsnobiety GATEZERO, we enter the world of travel retail in bringing a highly curated assortment of brands and products to airports across the globe, offering style led travelers the new luxury shopping experience they have been waiting for.
As part of the growing Highsnobiety GATEZERO team, we are looking for a Retail Manager to open and run the new Store at Munich Airport.
In this role, you will take the lead on all operations regarding the Airport Munich Store and be responsible for the sales team.
- Supporting the Head Office Team in the opening process on the store on-site
- Overall management of the retail business to ensure established revenue, cost containment, and service targets are met
- Takes a leadership role in the development and implementation of retail strategy and operational plans
- Propose innovative ideas to expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Manages store inventory and availability of merchandise and services by supporting back of house operations; maintaining inventories
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Hire and lead the retail team to take a focused approach to solving business challenges by developing action plans that address specific risks and opportunities within each supporting department to meet or exceed net profit goals
- Works closely with direct reports to develop and implement ongoing performance goals, improvement plans, training and career progression
- Manages the store’s teams for improvement and implementation of customer service and sales training to achieve financial and service goals
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
- Keeping up to date with current trends, including competitor analysis
- Work with events team to help deliver events that work for our customer and sponsors
- Protects employees and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records
- 5+ year’s relevant experience in retail management, strategic planning, forecasting and planning systems integration, and financial analysis
- Experience in relevant positions in a travel retail environment
- Strong knowledge of the retail industry with extensive background managing a complex retail operation
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of managing a profit and loss with a keen understanding of the requirements associated with strategic planning, construction projects and cost management
- Ability to creatively and thoughtfully manage a diverse group of direct reports
- Ability to successfully multitask to meet the demands in an international retail business
- Fluent in English and German
- Strong customer service mindset
- Excellent communication and 'people' skills
- Enthusiastic about New Luxury brands and products
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive COVID-19 remote work plan and related sustainable business model
- Motivating, international and creative work atmosphere
- High degree of responsibility, creativity, originality, independence and creative leeway
- The opportunity to proactively shape a company and help build a global brand
- Competitive compensation (incl. visa/relocation support)
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. various discounts)
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!!
Highsnobiety is a global community of independent-minded creatives & professionals: Every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression or genetic information.