The Strategy Director has a superior knowledge of youth/style culture, a deep understanding of brand strategy and a proven track record of developing, selling-in and implementing new brand transformation and marketing programs within business or for clients. You will bring a wealth of strategy and marketing expertise. Based out of our New York office, you'll work directly with the VP, Global Strategy and the VP, US New Business in diversifying Highsnobiety’s client roster and service offering, becoming a key player in how we level up existing clients and gain new ones.
- Work with the Brand Partnerships team to achieve annual business targets through selling 360° marketing solutions to brand partners, unlocking new long-term strategic partnerships and renewing existing key accounts.
- Be a lead player within the whole US business, actively contributing to how strategy is used as we evolve as a business (this is about being agile, entrepreneurial and giving input to craft the future).
- Support the US commercial team in identifying new categories and go-to-market plans to secure new business in these categories.
- Develop long-term strategies and partnership roadmaps that show how Highsnobiety is creating brand and business transformation over key phases throughout the partnership.
- Ensure the right strategic processes and tools are being used in the ‘post-sales’ process, so that we can track partnership success and readjust goals throughout the partnership.
- Be a key front line player in the sales channel, working closely with the West Coast sales team.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and creative team; collaborating in new business opportunities with briefs fueled by consumer and cultural insight.
- Leverage all of our in-house insight and research capabilities to ensure we are using proprietary intelligence to unlock new opportunities in ways which differentiate us within the marketplace.
- Identify, challenge and develop category specific marketing products and service offerings for our top tier brand partners.
- 8+ years of professional experience in the brand or marketing industry with 3+ years of managerial experience.
- A problem solver who understands the intricacies of today’s media/advertising/marketing landscape and the market gaps.
- An ability to - and excitement for - the opportunity to start relationships from scratch and to be able to communicate confidently with the C-suite.
- A strong ability to understand and interpret research (both quantitative and qualitative); to translate research and proprietary approaches into solutions tailored for different industries and specific clients.
- Empathy: to actively put yourself in the shoes of the person on the other side of the table; ensuring we are presenting relevant and achievable solutions to the right people, in the right way.
- Flawless communication, written and presentation skills.
- The ability to lead tough, strategic conversations internally and externally that navigate the needs of both Highsnobiety and the client.
- A strong team player with a positive attitude and mindset.
- Brilliant time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in high volumes of face-to-face meetings per week.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A comprehensive COVID-19 remote work plan and related sustainable business model
- Motivating, international and creative work atmosphere
- High degree of responsibility, creativity, originality, independence and creative leeway
- The opportunity to pro-actively shape a company and help build a global brand
- Ability to gain skills at the cutting edge of the global media and advertising landscape
Highsnobiety is a global community of independent-minded creatives & professionals: Every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression or genetic information.