Titan is growing at a rapid pace and our need for using data to drive our decision making is crucial to our success. As a Data Scientist, you’ll help us enable our partners to be data first (with integrity), regularly reveal unique insights, understand the impact of newly launched initiatives, and make proactive informed strategic & operational decisions that will affect the company’s roadmap.
Our end goal is to help build Titan into one of the best consumer investing products ever created and you’ll help define how Data can help us get there. We are looking to build one of the top Data teams in New York - our users are counting on us!
- Partner with Marketing and/or Content team(s) to enable clear, impactful, actionable, and innovative insights that shape key decisions.
- Conduct rigorous, high quality analyses that shape the way we think about our clients and Titan’s future.
- Define and evaluate key metrics and understand their levers.
- Leverage crystal clear communication skills, with an aptitude for translating analysis results into compelling and comprehensible concrete recommendations for the business.
- Adapt to a rapid changing environment and be proactively inquisitive to identify new areas of opportunity for Data Science.
- Have an eye for scale and identify ways in which your work can have broader impact.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility and integrity and can balance both short term and long term objectives.
- 3+ years of experience in Data Science & Analytics (prior experience in a start-up, fintech, or social media companies in a product/go-to-market capacity is a plus).
- SQL should be your second language and you should be fluent with UDFs, joins, aggregation functions, and window functions to build complex queries for analyses.
- Prior experience with Python/R.
- Experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Amplitude
- Experience with ETL frameworks like Airflow & Stitch.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience in one or more of the following: Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Statistics, Experiments (e.g. A/B Testing), Hypothesis testing, Machine Learning, and other Analytics approaches.
- Technical chops w/ Git, Terminal, CLI, etc.
- Any experience / expertise in: Causal Inference, Machine Learning (Regression, Classification, Clustering, SVD/PCA, etc.), Marketing Attribution & Research (Media Mix Optimization, Multi-Touch Attribution), & Behavioral Econ.
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Days
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- MacBook / PC laptop provided
- Internet stipend
- Health & Wellness stipend
- Daily lunches @ our headquarters
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up