Titan is a world-class investment firm inside a mobile app, managing over $700 million in assets for 30,000+ clients. Our mission is to build the first premium investment manager for everyone. If Robinhood is the mass market solution, consider us the Apple of our category.
We recently raised a $58M Series B round led by venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, bringing our total funding to $75M. Loved by our clients, Titan won the Best Investment Advisor award from U.S. News in 2020 and the Best Advisor award at the 2020 Benzinga Global Fintech Awards, has ranked #1 out of 60+ advisors 5x in a row, and was featured by Apple in 2020. Our investors (some of Silicon Valley's best) have told us we're one of the fastest growing consumer fintech businesses in this category ever.
To us, our team is everything. Together, we can make magic happen. If you're excited by our mission, we'd love to meet you.
As Equity Investment Analyst, you'll help manage one or more of Titan's equity-based investment strategies with our Chief Investment Officer. Currently, Titan offers three strategies to clients: Flagship (U.S. large cap equity), Opportunities (U.S. small/mid cap equity) and Offshore (International equity). We plan to offer several more high-performance equity strategies to further improve clients' risk-adjusted returns and asset allocations. You'll be in charge of owning an investment strategy, from idea generation to investment research to financial modeling and proposed portfolio construction/risk management/asset allocation recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer, and more.
Please be ready to discuss multiple investment ideas that can help us illuminate your views regarding company quality, competitive position, and important financial metrics. Ideas should be your own. Also be prepared to discuss your prior firm's investment process and your role therein, where you added the most value, and some of the most compelling insights you have regarding a successful investment process.
What You'll Do
- Conduct fundamental primary research involving business/industry breakdowns, expert calls (customers, suppliers, competitors), and more
- Build financial and operating models for new and existing portfolio holdings (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, KPI build, summary financials & valuation math)
- Propose portfolio construction (e.g., holdings, weightings, sizing up/down) rooted in rigorous quantitative and fundamental research
- Make asset allocation / strategy mix recommendations to the Chief Investment Officer based on intra-strategy and cross-strategy risk/reward prospects
- Monitor daily events, news flow, competitive dynamics, risk metrics (e.g., beta, factor exposures, asset allocation tilts) across investment strategies
- 3+ years of investment experience in public and/or private equity
- Demonstrated track record of prolific investment idea generation, creative research, and rigorous quantitative and fundamental analysis
- Proficiency with 3-statement financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with financial analysis tools (e.g., Sentieo, Koyfin, Bloomberg)
- Exceptional written and communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Passion for simplifying / demystifying complex topics and situations for consumers / retail investors
- Bonus: Portfolio management experience across economic cycles
- Bonus: Bachelors degree in Economics / Finance or similar discipline
- Work with a passionate, diverse, smart team on a product that helps tens of thousands of people
- Backed by top-tier VCs (Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Sound Ventures, Scribble VC, Y Combinator, BoxGroup, and others)
- Competitive compensation package (including equity component)
- Medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Currently remote-hybrid environment; NYC presence preferred but not mandatory
- Work-from-home stipend to optimize your set-up