Chief Growth Officer
Business Development – Remote – Full Time
Who we are:
Tinuiti is a performance and data-driven digital marketing leader, focused on every aspect of the customer journey across the quadropoly of Google, Facebook/Instagram, Amazon, Apple, and beyond. We believe success requires specialization across all channels, and our offerings cover the full spectrum from paid to earned to owned media. Our goal when we come to work every day is simple - to grow happiness. For our clients, their customers, our people and our partners. Growing happiness guides everything we do and our core values - Unleash Greatness, Never Stop Learning, Ignite Your Passion, Thankful Living, and Inspire Innovation & Change - inspire us to maintain a culture where our people take pride in their work and have fun doing it.
We support 100% remote work for applicants who reside in the United States and Canada.
What you’ll do
Tinuiti is looking for a proven & inspiring, yet humble growth and revenue leader to scale our sales & business development org. The Chief Growth Officer will be accountable for meeting or exceeding the New Sales Revenue target set for the year. They will lead a team of ~20 people leading our strategic sales process from opportunity to close, ~7 people focused solely on opportunity creation through inbound, outbound, and channel partnerships, and a few team members that support sales operations and enablement. The CGO reports to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCoO).
- Partner with direct reports on developing systems for feedback and innovation to drive continuous improvement to quality of opportunities created, volume of opportunities created, win rates, deal size, team development, and career pathing.
- Maintain a 'pulse' of the market that through feedback to Marketing & the Client Solutions team informs our go-to-market offerings.
- Strategize on, develop & assign annual department level goals ("rocks"). Hold team and self accountable to prioritizing rocks and achieving milestones.
Sales Budgeting & Forecasting
- Partner with Finance on forecasting annually and reforecasting quarterly. Use data-driven decision making, but also provide strategic guidance on internal and / or external trends expected to make an impact.
- Partner with Revenue Operations to ensure accurate forecasting in Salesforce by start date / month, lead source, division, opportunity owner, and size of opportunity.
- Strategically plan future team growth, prioritize needs, and submit budget requests to finance in accordance to their process. Exception requests outside of the standard budget process should be brought to CCoO.
- Ensure full understanding of each line item in your budget and track actively to avoid surprises. Immediately communicate any issues or foreseen issues to CCoO.
- Partner with Revenue Operations & Group VPs of Biz Dev ("GVPBDs") to determine new quotas by title annually.
- Work with HRBP on updating employee agreements. (commission plan)
- Communicate changes to Finance for commission tracking purpose.
- Partner with GVPBDs to develop a communication plan once established.
- Maintain a constant understanding of the overall company pace to budget. Share ideas related to or unrelated to your org that may help the company maximize performance.
- Become proficient in navigating internal client & company financial dashboards, including, but not limited to: client health, revenue dashboard, pricing sheet to help maintain and maximize value in negotiations
- Ensure efficient and effective communication amongst the team by being thoughtful around meeting cadences, agendas, participants, and accountability to action items.
- Effectively cascade information from E-Team & CCoO to the right audiences.
- Report up' on risks and opportunities related to deals over $1M in ARR.
- Develop and maintain strong rapport with Group VPs on the Solutions Team.
Who you are
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and proven success in business development and sales results, preferably within a digital marketing agency with a minimum of 5 years in leadership positions 2 years being in a C-suite role
- Strategic sales and marketing, lead generation and branding experience is essential
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), presentation and speaking skills
- A sound understanding and working knowledge of industry, market and trends
- Ability to provide direction and manage, develop and coach staff
- Ability to utilize, manage and coach to consultative selling skills, pipeline management and processes
- Able to work both independently and in collaboration with others to enhance an entrepreneurial culture when it comes to business development
- Strong connections in relevant markets and/or ability to network with business owners and finance leaders of all-size – preferably large – organizations
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to change and adapt to needs of the firm
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
At Tinuiti, we want to ensure you have the time you need to rest and recharge. That's why Tinuitians have an estimated 70 days off per year through our time off programs
- Unlimited PTO: We encourage all Tinutians to Own their Offline by utilizing our unlimited PTO by working with your Manager to ensure all deliverables are met.
- Holidays: We offer 17 paid holidays, if one of your religious holidays is not covered, please by all means take advantage of your Flex PTO!
- Flex Fridays: Meetings are minimized and all Tinuitians have the option to start their weekend early at 1pm local time.
- Owning Our Offline: Clients are informed and all offices will be closed for 3 total weeks throughout the year to give everyone the chance to truly unplug.
Workplace Flexibility: Office or Remote? Your choice.
Healthcare: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, Flex Spending Accounts
Retirement: Match up to 4% of your contributions at 100% with immediate vesting
Perks and Wellness: Fringe, Forma, Thankful giving, Equity
Learning and Development: Bravely coaching session, Mentor program and more