Timescale is hiring a Director of HRIS and Benefits to our People Team! You will report directly to our VP, People, and focus on building careers and supporting the team’s well-being. We are growing a great global, fully distributed/remote team that recruits, develops, and promotes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and views. We believe when people are included and feel appreciated, it creates a culture where people can do meaningful and impactful work. This inspires fearless ideas, innovation, and amazing outcomes.
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement. Due to the team members this person will support, we are looking to hire for this role in North America or Europe.
What You'll Do
- Reporting to our VP, People, you will develop our People information systems from assessment through successful implementation and adoption.
- You will lead the process of assessment, recommendation, implementation, and management to meet our global workforce administration and reporting needs.
- Identify opportunities for automation and reduction of manual processes including reporting and metrics and data insights.
- Lead and train members of the People team and others across the company who will use the systems. Build capacity within the People team to utilize data and analytics to drive decision-making. Create resources, dashboards, and training for HR and Recruiting teams.
- Manage global benefits including health, 401k, time off, an educational stipend, LOAs, FMLA, and all benefits-related issues.
- Manage annual open enrollment and education
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information and critical business processes
- Expertise in developing and automating dashboards and key-metrics
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and statutes related to employment, benefits, and some payroll related matters
- Sound judgment when working through complex issues
- Analyze, problem solve and clearly communicate recommendations
- Strong interpersonal skills with a team player heart
- Prioritize workload and self-manage projects, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- 7+ years of experience in people analytics or HR Data and Technology
- 3 years Benefits manager or specialist for our globally dispersed company
- 3 years of people analytics and reporting
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global 🌎 workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
- Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Premium insurance options for you and your family
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans for US based employees
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Individual education benefits