We are building the next great database company, serving developers worldwide. Timescale is excited to grow our company, and we are looking for a Technical Diversity Sourcer to build our organization. We have a diverse and inclusive distributed company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations around the world and want to continue to increase diversity as we grow and scale. If you are passionate about diversity in tech and want to work with others who feel the same way, we want to talk to you! Come and make a difference with us at Timescale!
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop a diversity sourcing strategy for Timescale that allows us to expand our efforts and results
- Partner closely with Recruiting Leads and Hiring Managers to understand their needs in order to identify talent profiles
- Actively source passive, diverse talent in locations around the world specific to our tech stack (Golang, Kubernetes, AWS, Postgres, C, RUST)
- In partnership with Marketing and People Team leadership, create and execute an employer branding strategy which includes creating content and strategic engagement with a variety of diverse technical communities via social media & events
- Ensure an amazing candidate experience that’s reflective of our culture and values.
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of the hiring process; regularly communicate status and results through weekly reporting
A little bit about you
You love the hunt and challenges of attracting diverse talent in a tight candidate market. You are also team and company driven more than by personal KPIs as we are building a Recruiting culture that eliminates roadblocks and promotes hiring excellence.
- Passion for D&I with strong experience building and enhancing practices, social recruiting, and networking
- Experienced in creating and executing diverse sourcing strategies for technical job families.
- Active in communities and experienced in engaging and networking within Slack channels, LinkedIn groups, and other social networks.
- Experienced in sourcing harder-to-find, highly technical roles (e.g., our engineering teams including low-level database engineering in C, cloud infrastructure in Go and Kubernetes, developer advocates.) and building robust, diverse pipelines
- Comfortable creating content (blogs, videos, etc.) that drives talent engagement.
- Proven skills in screening/interviewing for highly-technical roles.
- Enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced distributed start-up environment
- Savvy with tech and expert with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Google Docs, Slack, etc
- Sense of humor and you believe in our values and principles
We are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global 🌎 workforce and is backed by top-tier investors with a track record of success in the industry including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors (check out our website @ timescale.com/about for specifics).
Working at Timescale🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
- Flexible Paid time off
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Paid end of year shut-down
- Fully remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Professional Development & education benefits
- One of the best fully remote teams on the face of the planet (in our humble opinion ;-)