We are building the next great database company, serving developers worldwide. Timescale is excited to grow our company, and we are looking for a Global Engineering Recruiting Lead to build our distributed global engineering organization. You will partner with hiring managers, create hiring strategy, develop candidate pipelines, and help grow our incredibly talented remote engineering and technical teams. We are developing a diverse and inclusive distributed company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. You will embrace diversity and actively contribute to our commitment to inclusion. We have learner mindsets, think like owners and curators of what’s essential. We’re kind to each other, and support each other. We achieve together. We are colleagues, here to do the best work of our lives. Due to the location of our business teams, the ideal candidate will sit in Western Europe (Spain, Portugal, or United Kingdom).
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Partner closely with hiring managers to understand their needs in order to identify the right talent
- Strong teamwork and collaboration with tech recruiters and people team.
- Actively source passive Engineers through creative recruiting efforts and execute recruiting and pipeline plans that include effective recruiting sources where technical talent can be identified and attracted.
- Create diverse candidate pipelines specific to our tech stack (Golang, Kubernetes, AWS, Postgres, C, RUST)
- Ensure amazing candidate experience that’s reflective of our culture and values
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of the hiring process; regularly communicate status and results through weekly reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
A little bit about you:
You love the hunt and challenges of attracting and closing engineering talent in a tight candidate market. You are creative and relentless in your approach.
- Experience sourcing harder-to-find, highly technical roles (e.g., our engineering teams including low-level database engineering in C, cloud infrastructure in Go and Kubernetes, developer advocates.) and building robust, diverse pipelines
- Proven skills in screening/interviewing for highly-technical roles, providing high-quality candidates to technical hiring managers
- Minimum 5 years of relevant recruiting experience with remote, global technical roles
- Experience managing full lifecycle technical recruiting - sourcing to closing.
- Passion for D&I with strong experience building and enhancing practices, social recruiting and networking
- Organization and prioritization skills with sense of urgency.
- Enjoys and thrives in fast-paced distributed start-up environment
- Savvy with tech and expert with Greenhouse, LinkedIn, Google Docs, Slack, etc
- Sense of humor and you believe in our values and principles
We are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global 🌎 workforce and is backed by top-tier investors with a track record of success in the industry including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors (check out our website @ timescale.com/about for specifics).
Working at Timescale:🐯
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us 🤝.
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets 🍗, sweating it out during lunch 💦, talking about your kids, whether they be actual children 👶🏽, potted plants 🪴, or four-legged creatures 🐾? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering:
- Flexible Paid time off
- Summer Fridays off in August ☀️
- Paid end of year shut-down
- Fully remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Professional Development & education benefits
- One of the best fully remote teams on the face of the planet (in our humble opinion ;-)