Timescale is looking for an experienced Manager, Business Operations and Strategy to be the go-to-person to help answer tough data-driven questions. This role will work in our BizOps team and provide robust answers to company-wide questions such as “Which actions did our best customers take last month?”, and “How can we grow faster?”.
We’re a rapidly growing company, and we need even more rapid insights from our data to help drive our decision-making and ensure we focus on the right things, at the right time. This role brings our data and always-be-learning vision to life.
The background of the person we’re looking for (and even the job title) are flexible. We’re focused on finding someone who can deliver on the data insights and data integration outcomes described below, regardless of background or prior work history.
We like to think of this role as our own R2-D2: the person behind the scenes opening locked doors right when we’re about to run into them. If that quote made sense, you love data analysis, and love reading about SaaS metrics, then you’ll fit right in!
Key outcomes you will deliver in this role:
- Connect data across Customer Success, Marketing, and Engineering, and into a unified view to guide company-wide decision-making. The majority of this role will be focused on answering (and asking!) interesting questions about customer behavior and our growth as a company.
- Note: As a company built on PostgreSQL, we love SQL – and SQL skills will make this job easier, but aren’t required if you’re willing to learn as you grow.
- Provide robust, data-driven answers to critical questions like "how can we grow faster?"; “what do our most engaged users have in common?” and "which customer should Customer Success contact first?"
- Your “customers” will be the CEO and other senior leadership of other internal teams.
- Use Google Sheets, Excel, and some SQL to unify our data to present a holistic view of customers’ progress and journey, both individually and aggregate trends. Strong proficiency with spreadsheets and comfort communicating your assumptions and findings.
- Longer term, help Integrate and automate our data pipelines plus tooling for key metrics and operations. This includes connecting data sources across our 800k monthly-active databases and multiple products.
Note: This role is fully remote, but English language proficiency is a requirement.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.