Timescale is hiring a Data Architect for our growing, international team! The right candidate will be comfortable providing deep technical assistance and strategy, along with high-level architecture and planning for growth and scale and interacting with customers on a day-to-day basis. You should have deep experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL is a strong plus!) and must quickly gain a detailed understanding of TimescaleDB. You should have a “can do it” attitude, where helping the user comes first. Timescale is a remote-first organization; this is a full-time position with a preferred location in any Western European timezone.
What You Will Do:
- Be a strategic partner for our customers, helping them plan, execute, and succeed with their initial and ongoing usage and growth with Timescaledb.
- Manage technical customer relationships, working closely with Customer Success, Technical Support, and Product Management to drive engagement.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with our customers to help them be successful today and help them discover more and different opportunities for Timescaledb in their business in the future.
- Help develop educational content based on customer needs and desires.
- Be curious, always willing to learn, and always looking for ways to improve our products, processes, and culture.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience.
- Relational DB experience at scale: administration, data modeling, query optimization
- Experience as a technical support professional, Technical Account Manager, Solutions Architect, Consultant, or similar role with external customers.
- Strong aptitude for understanding and learning new software products.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to express complex technical concepts to a varied audience.
- A thorough and holistic approach to data platforms, data analysis, and infrastructure.
Other Things that Will Help:
- Be familiar with TimescaleDB! You should download and test it out before you apply.
- Familiarity with broad cloud computing concepts and experience with AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Relational databases, NoSQL databases, data modeling tools, ETL Pipelines, and data lifecycle management.
- Familiarity with Postgresql, including best practices, Query Plan analysis, backup/restore, migrations, etc
- A strong sense of curiosity and a willingness to wade into the unknown and learn as you go.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.