Timescale is looking for a Customer Success Executive (Cloud) who will shape the future for our most strategic customers through your ability to connect as a trusted advisor as well as opening their minds to future possibilities.
As a member of Timescale’s Customer Care team, you will partner with our customers to drive Timescale adoption, engagement, and services consumption – as well as demonstrate ongoing value customized for customers’ needs. This critical function is responsible for driving continued adoption and ensuring long-term success and expansion. You will act as the “face” of Timescale to our customers, with your days spent uncovering new ways to help them do amazing things with technology and continue on their time-series journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and make a big difference in the success of our customers, now and in the future. We currently have two roles open, one set to cater to customers in North American timezones and the other to cater to customers in European timezones.
- Drive adoption and expansion among our strategic customers by understanding their business needs, defining success criteria, and proactively helping them achieve their goals
- Develop a communication cadence with strategic customers to stay in the know about adoption trends, sentiment, and plans
- Uncovering opportunities for deeper engagement expansion opportunities
- Motivate customers to act as Timescale advocates (e.g., securing testimonials, case studies, and other references)
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support customers, conversions, and expansion opportunities (e.g., engineering, product, marketing, etc.)
- Provide actionable feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements
- Prepare strategic account plans for each critical account which will map organization plans, identify new opportunities, develop tactical plans and map out current and future revenue projections
- Proactively forecast churn risk & develop mitigation plans to minimize churn within your customer base
- Maintain a deep understanding of TimescaleDB and industry knowledge to guide customers on best practices effectively
- Track and record customer activity promptly in systems of record (e.g., CRM system)
Required Experience, Skills, And Values
- Experience as a Customer Success, Relationship Management, or similar role
- Ability to learn and explain technical infrastructure, concepts, and data products
- A passion for developers and the things they build
- Experience building and maintaining relationships while working to mitigate churn and drive adoption and renewals
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals: you’re passionate about making our customers look good!
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Ability to work well independently and remotely
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.