Timescale is looking for a Customer Success Manager who will help our customers take our category-defining time-series database and other new products from trial to production (and beyond). This role will focus on our cloud offerings and support customers from a North American timezone to ensure appropriate coverage around the globe!
As a member of Timescale’s Customer Care team, you will partner with our customers to drive Timescale adoption, engagement, and services consumption – as well as demonstrate ongoing value customized for customers’ needs. This critical function is responsible for onboarding new customers, driving ongoing adoption, and ensuring long term success and expansion. You will act as the “face” of Timescale to our customers, with your days spent uncovering new ways to help them do amazing things with technology and continue on their time-series journey.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup and make a big difference in the success for our customers, now and in the future.
- Drive conversion, retention, and expansion among our most valuable customers by understanding their business needs, defining success criteria, and helping them achieve their goals
- Develop a communication cadence with customers to stay in-the-know about adoption trends, sentiment, and overall account health
- Uncovering opportunities for deeper engagement expansion opportunities
- Motivate customers to act as Timescale advocates (e.g., securing testimonials, case studies, and other references)
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to support trial customers, conversions, and expansion opportunities (e.g., engineering, product, marketing, etc.)
- Provide actionable feedback to the other teams regarding product and service improvements (Voice of the Customer)
- Work with accounts of all sizes, from our largest customers to up-and-coming startups
- Experience as a Customer Success, Relationship Management, or similar role
- Ability to learn and explain technical infrastructure, concepts, and data products
- A passion for developers and the things they build
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive adoption and renewals
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative, and detail oriented
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals: you’re passionate about making our customers look good!
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Ability to work well independently and remotely
- Salesforce experience is a plus
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.