About The Role
We are building the next great database company, serving developers worldwide. Timescale is excited to grow our company, and we are looking for a Global, Engineering Recruiting Leader to build our distributed global engineering organization. We are developing a diverse and inclusive distributed company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. Successful candidates will embrace diversity and actively contribute to our commitment to inclusion.
What You’ll Do
- Lead, hire, mentor, and build a collaborative recruiting team aligned to our core values and principles
- Develop and implement global recruiting strategy with VP, Engineering and VP, People
- Champion and guide the team to accomplish staffing goals that include effective recruiting sources where technical talent can be identified and attracted
- Ensure diversity and inclusion recruitment strategies are embedded into our practices and we increase representation throughout the organization
- Ensure amazing candidate experience that’s reflective of our culture and values, including strong engagement with candidates using personalization and proactive, customized interaction. Partner across team members to refine and achieve compelling candidate experience.
- Track goals, metrics, and performance of the hiring process; regularly communicate status and results through weekly reporting
- Participate in virtual recruiting events, meet ups and speaking sessions to develop our employer brand
- Propose and implement ongoing innovations and improvements to recruiting processes and systems
- You have a number of years experience in remote, tech start-up environment and maybe some larger companies too
- You have a learner mindset and combine your experience with new approaches and methods - you don’t rely solely on what you’ve done before
- Looking to take your experience and passion to work for a company where you can lead and build with a group of smart, humble and kind people (and have fun)!
- You love being a global recruiter for software talent and leading highly engaged and performing teams
- Experience and proficiency with LinkedIn Recruiter, Greenhouse, Google docs, airtable and you enjoy new tools and processes
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, and extraordinary attention to detail and follow-through
- Stellar organizational skills, working with a strong sense of urgency and possessing the ability to quickly prioritize and re-prioritize
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.