Timescale is looking for an experienced Senior Director of Developer Marketing. You and your team will be responsible for all aspects of our outbound marketing strategy and execution, including outbound communications, community development, events planning and marketing, and growth marketing (including SEM, SEO, and paid acquisition).
Timescale is a developer-oriented company, and our ethos is always to “Help First”. As such, we place an emphasis on winning developer credibility, using a combination of highly technical content and grassroots community engagement. We’re looking for people who love developers, shun buzzwords and jargon, and have a proven track record of bringing developer products to market.
Successful candidates for this position will also have significant experience hiring and growing great developer marketing talent. We’ve built a very strong (and very fun!) team and finding the right person to motivate, lead, and grow our team is our primary focus. We are developing a diverse and inclusive distributed company that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and locations. Successful candidates will embrace diversity and actively contribute to our commitment to inclusion.
This role is remote, but English language fluency is a requirement.
- Build a high-performing Marketing team and grow and nurture their careers.
- Build a strong developer community for Timescale, both virtually and in the real world.
- Build processes for better execution of our outbound customer marketing, including: Office Hours, newsletters, Twitch streams, and more.
- Successfully navigate the post-COVID events world, so we participate in the right events at the right level and have the greatest possible impact.
- Be a demand generation hero, and lead all aspects of campaign creation, management, and execution (web, email, social)
- Support Marketing leadership with the development, tracking, and management of strategic marketing objectives, campaigns, and deliverables.
Experience and Skills:
- 8+ years of marketing expertise, with 5+ years of working on developer products, and 4+ years managing other marketing managers.
- A gifted communicator who is capable of distilling complex technical subject matter into digestible, actionable prose.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves attitude to do the heavy lifting required to build a great Marketing discipline at Timescale.
- Previous experience as a Marketing leader in a startup environment, preferably working with developers and/or databases.
- A proven track record of identifying great Developer Marketing talent, growing future Developer Marketing leaders, and improving the discipline of Developer Marketing industry-wide.
- Proven expertise building an event presence for a technical company, ideally including working on your own developer conference.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation creation and delivery skills.
- Excellent cross-organizational collaboration skills. You can work across the team, across roles, and synthesize viewpoints and reach consensus.
- A self-starter that can manage and prioritize initiatives that will make developers successful.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief.
- Works well independently and remotely.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.