We need extraordinary engineers to join our team in building and expanding the TimescaleDB Toolkit, an extension to ease working with time-series data in TimescaleDB. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team developing SQL functions to ease statistical analysis, data visualization, and general quality-of-life. This role will involve working with a broad range of functionality in a rapidly-moving setting with all development done in the open and visible to users. We primarily work in Rust and SQL.
Timescale is an all-remote organization, with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new database capabilities, with a focus on analytics.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality in the Toolkit.
- Work with engineers both at Timescale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver powerful integrations of the database into large applications and pipelines.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software in Rust (preferred), C, or C++.
- Literacy in C.
- Ability to understand new algorithms.
- Experience with mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience in developing statistics or graphics toolkits
- Experience with Rust
- Experience with SQL databases or analytics
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.