Timescale is looking for an experienced Product Manager to help us build our category-defining relational database for time-series data, and make time-series data radically easier to analyze.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new product initiative at a fast-scaling company, where you can have significant impact to shape the product. The mission of our new database toolkit is to ease all things analytics when using TimescaleDB (and SQL for time-series data), with a particular focus on developer ergonomics and performance. You will work closely with engineering to help define the database product, and should bring experience in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery. You should be able to closely understand our user’s needs, from the highly technical (the design of SQL and API interfaces, query performance and optimizations, etc.) to strong customer empathy for the new user experience and developer productivity. This initiative, like many other things at Timescale, takes an open, community-first ethos, so you should be comfortable designing and working in the open with our broader developer community (e.g., on github).
We need you to help us think tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great product for developers. If you have experience in product management and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast-growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
- Work with our product/engineering team to craft product strategy, define product roadmap, prioritize bugs, and ship new and enhanced capabilities for our database
- Own delivery of new product features end-to-end, including for both community downloads and our fully managed cloud platform
- Define new product ideas and product improvements based on first principles, user feedback and interviews, and other stakeholder input
- Work with the marketing team for messaging, positioning, and launch activities, and serve to help engage the developer community in feedback and adoption
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions
- 3+ years of proven track record in technical product management, ideally working on developer-centric products
- Strong understanding of SQL, APIs, and databases
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Can focus on output, own responsibilities, and get things done
- Comfortable engaging and working in the open with developer communities
- Experience exerting influence without direct authority
- Passionate about making developers successful, empathy for users and customers
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior experience as a developer
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.