Timescale is looking for a technically strong product leader to help us build the next great database. You should have a demonstrated track record of success shipping database or infrastructure software, ideally spanning open-source and managed service environments.
You will have significant responsibility in helping to build our core database product and should bring experience in the full product lifecycle from discovery to delivery. You should be able to closely understand our user’s needs, from the highly technical (query performance and optimizations, SQL interfaces, high availability and replication, etc.) to strong customer empathy for the new user experience and developer productivity. You will be responsible for managing and mentoring other database PMs, will work closely with the cloud product team for enabling our database managed service, and will report directly to the Timescale’s co-founder and CTO as a trusted lieutenant.
We need you to execute tactically and think strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great database business. If you want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
- Play a key role in crafting product strategy, defining product roadmap, and shipping new and enhanced capabilities for our database
- Own delivery of new product features end-to-end, including for both community downloads and our fully managed cloud platform
- Help manage a growing team of database PMs
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Define product improvements and new product ideas based on first principles, user feedback and interviews, and other stakeholder input
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, customer care, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions
- 6+ years of proven track record in technical product management, ideally working on database or infrastructure products
- Strong understanding of databases, SQL, and data infrastructure
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Can focus on output, own responsibilities, and get things done
- Can execute from the very tactical to very strategic
- Passionate about making developers successful, empathy for users and customers
- Prior experience managing other PMs
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior experience as a developer
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.