Timescale is looking to hire an International HR/People Director to join the People Team. You will report directly to our VP, People and will shape our international people growth & expansion plans. You will lead our employee & contractor compensation research, build out our international hiring processes, and build programs that create a great place for everyone, almost anywhere in the world to work and thrive. We are looking to hire this person in the US or in Europe.
We are growing a great global, full distributed/remote team that recruits, develops and promotes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and views. We believe when people are included and feel appreciated, it creates a culture where people can do meaningful and impactful work. This inspires fearless ideas, innovation and amazing outcomes.
- Partner with VP, People to create a global approach that supports our ability to hire the best diverse talent around the world. You will initially focus on compensation for employees, contractors and freelancers in any location around the world.
- Partner with VP, People on researching and creating global programs and policies that support our mission to become the next great database company. These programs include career pathing, and salary ranges and global feedback development, training, implementation and measurement.
- Build programs and policies aligned to our culture and that support successful global hiring and people engagement. See our principles and values (https://www.timescale.com/careers)
- Support and promote our company values, principles and D&I initiatives.
- Answer and facilitate immigration and VISA matters with the help of counsel.
- Assist with global ad-hoc people projects such as employee engagement survey and action planning.
- Experience and savvy with technologies and systems with a successful track record of assessing and implementing new tools and systems.
- 3+ years international compensation experience in a remote technology start-up that operates around the globe - specifically between 50-500 people max.
- Experience with employee, contractor and freelancer work arrangements, compensation and practices across Europe, South America, India, and Australia.
- Enjoy researching new information and synthesizing it to make thoughtful recommendations that inform decision making.
- Thrive in fully remote, distributed environment
- Self motivated with a passion for follow-through and completion of work - you’re excellent at time management, diplomacy and confidentiality
- You enjoy detail work where your verbal & written communications are accurate and timely
- Experience working with people at all levels in a kind and positive manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage change, and offer alternatives
- Sense of humor and learner mindset
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.