Timescale is looking to hire a People Operations Generalist to join the People Operations Team. Are you passionate about people operations, have some years of experience and want to innovate and have fun? Come join us in building the next great database company!
The People Operations Generalist will support applicants through new hire journey in the areas of scheduling, offer and contractor documents, and facilitate a seamless on-boarding process. You will also have the opportunity to create and implement employee-centric programs in our distributed, global, fully remote company.
We are growing a great global, remote team that recruits, develops and promotes people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and views. We believe when people are included and feel appreciated, it creates a culture where people can do meaningful and impactful work. This inspires fearless ideas, innovation and amazing outcomes.
- Maintain ATS, including score cards, interview schedules & reporting
- Prepare and send offer letters & contractor agreements
- Answer immigration questions with the help of People Manager and counsel
- Keep the onboarding spreadsheet updated as new hires move through the onboarding process
- Assist with updating People Process doc(s) and other HR-related resources
- Update and manage the employee roster
- Assists with purchasing equipment & gifts for new hires
- Plan company-wide meetings and team off-sites
- Manages the “Surprise Emcee” program for our weekly All Hands calls
- Support and promote our company values, principles and D&I initiatives
- Partner with people team on researching and creating programs and policies
- Experience with a wide variety of collaborative tools such as Airtable, Greenhouse, Justworks, Slack and Asana
- 4+ years of People Operations experience in a remote or hybrid organization
- You have partnered with HRBPs, People Ops, Recruiting leaders to help with process or other people team initiatives in a tech start-up
- Thrive in fully remote, distributed environment
- Self motivated with a passion for follow-through and completion of work - you’re excellent at time management, diplomacy and confidentiality
- You enjoy detail work where you ensure verbal and written communications are accurate and timely
- Experience working with people at all levels in a kind and positive manner
- Ability to take initiative, manage change, and offer alternatives
- Sense of humor and learner mindset
- Experience with International HR
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.