We need extraordinary engineers to join our team. As a release and build engineer, you will be responsible for building and releasing our database product across a variety of platforms and environments, such as Linux, Mac, Windows, Raspberry Pis, high-powered servers, on-bare-metal, and Docker. You would need to automate packaging and distribution across all of these heterogeneous environments using a build-farm or similar infrastructure.
You would be working closely with our core database developers to ensure we can release and iterate on the database product at a quick pace, but also assist developers by providing an easy way to package pre-release builds for testing and staging environments.
Timescale is a 100% remote organization, with engineers throughout the world; this is a full-time position.
- Manage our packaging and release process for the TimescaleDB database.
- Continually improve, optimize, and automate the release process, making sure we can easily and quickly deliver improvements to our users.
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- 1+ years of experience as a Release Engineer or similar.
- Experience with APT, RPM, Deb, Yum, Docker, and similar packaging systems
- Experience with automating packaging and releases in CI/CD systems such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, Travis, Jenkins, or similar (GitHub Actions preferred).
- Experience in SQL (especially PostgreSQL) highly desirable (but not required).
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes) a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.