Timescale is looking for a communications / public relations professional to help craft our corporate messaging and manage our relationships with key developer and tech press and influencers. The ideal candidate will be a gifted storyteller capable of taking complex, nuanced topics and turning them into compelling narratives with broad industry application (and appeal).
The global and remote nature of our teams requires proactive, independent-minded, and highly strategic people. As our foundational Communications Manager, we’re looking for someone who has strong relationships with industry press, appreciates the complexity of communications for deeply technical developer products and services, and is keen to coach technical team members and help them become phenomenal spokespeople for Timescale’s mission and products. (We love to invest in our team members and encourage them to share their expertise and build their own brands.)
Timescale is a developer-focused company, and, as such, our products tend to be deeply technical in nature. Familiarity with technical products and the developer audience is a major plus, as a big part of this role is balancing the need to tell a higher-level business story without sacrificing the developer-level credibility we are known for and work diligently to maintain.
This role is remote, and English language fluency is a requirement.
This role can be up-leveled to Director-level for candidates with appropriate experience.
- Own crafting a compelling narrative for Timescale’s mission and products.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive communications strategy across technology media and key influencers.
- Build and maintain close relationships with key reporters, publications, and influencers.
- Support and empower Product Marketing and Growth Marketing in crafting compelling product- and campaign-level messaging.
- Support Community Marketing in building relationships with key developer influencers.
- Build and execute a media training program to build a corps of trusted media spokespeople at all levels of the company.
Experience and Skills:
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills (written and verbal). English language proficiency required.
- Defaults to detailed, precise, action-oriented communication.
- A problem solver who seeks solutions and fixes, but is comfortable asking leadership for help.
- Exceptional at working cross-organizationally, able to gracefully navigate, listen, synthesize, influence, de-escalate and re-route issues across the org chart.
- Several years of proven communications experience working at high-growth technology companies.
- A proven track record driving communications for a developer-focused company is a major plus.
- A deep understanding and appreciation for the constant and rapid shift in how and where people consume content and share their experiences.
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
- Works well independently and remotely
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.