Timescale is looking for an experienced Product Manager with a track record of success shipping cloud native software or observability tools.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new product line at a fast scaling company where you can help mold and shape the product. Our goal is to build tools to help developers and operators understand their systems and control their data. Currently, we integrate with Prometheus and hope to integrate other tools and modalities including logging and tracing.
We are looking for a product manager to work with engineering to drive the product evolution. Experience working with observability tools is a major plus. You should have experience shipping cloud-native software.
We need you to help us think tactically and move strategically so we can meet our ambitious goals and build the next great observability product for developers. If you have experience in product management and want a role where you can have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
Note: In your cover letter, please tell us 1 thing you like about our current product offering, and 1 thing you would improve.
- Work with our product/engineering team to craft product strategy, define roadmap, prioritize bugs, and ship new releases
- Gather product ideas from users, as well as from the engineering, design, sales, marketing teams
- Generate new product ideas based on first principles, the state-of-the-art, and macro trends
- Work with the marketing team for messaging, positioning, and launch activities
- Discover and define business cases for new market opportunities
- Serve as the connective tissue between engineering, design, marketing, sales, and other stakeholders, proactively communicating product questions and decisions
- 1+ years of proven track record in product management, ideally working on a developer-centric product
- Good understanding of cloud-native architectures or observability products
- Direct experience with and deep knowledge of the open-source data software ecosystem is a plus
- Technical aptitude and attention to detail
- Superlative spoken and written communication skills
- Focus on output and getting things done
- Ability to work on very tactical to very strategic work back-to-back
- Experience exerting influence without direct authority
- Passionate about making developers successful
- Empathy for users and customers
- Computer Science or Technical degree much preferred, or prior experience as a developer
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.