We need extraordinary engineers to join our team in building and expanding Promscale, an Open-Source tool for storing, analyzing and understanding observability data. We work primarily with Golang and SQL.
You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our observability tools built upon TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL. Our goal is to build tools to help developers and operators understand their systems and control their data. Towards that end, we are building a suite of tools to allow users to ingest their observability data into TimescaleDB and leverage the power of SQL (in addition to PromQL) to analyze it. You should have strong expertise in SQL (PostgreSQL experience preferred), and ideally already have worked with observability tools and data. Developing data-driven observability systems and tools should excite you.
Timescale is an all-remote organization,with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new observability tools.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of Promscale.
- Improve infrastructure to evaluate and test Promscale
- Work with engineers both at Promscale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver a product to help users understand their systems.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to customers
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software (any language).
- Experience with SQL Databases (PostgreSQL preferred).
- Experience with advanced SQL primitives such as stored procedures.
- Passionate about building highly-reliable and performant data systems.
- Experience with building complex applications that use Database technologies.
- Experience with using or developing observability tools (Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, etc.)
- Experience with mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience with Golang
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.