We need extraordinary engineers to join our team in building and expanding Promscale, an Open-Source tool for storing, analyzing and understanding observability data. We work primarily with Golang, Rust and SQL.
You will act as both architect and programmer, designing, coding, and testing the core of our observability tools built upon TimescaleDB and PostgreSQL. Our goal is to build tools to help developers and operators understand their systems and control their data. We ingest data from Prometheus and hope to integrate other tools and modalities including logging and tracing. We are looking for an engineer to drive this evolution and experience both using and developing observability tools is a major plus. You should have experience building tools for cloud-native environments using Golang. Developing observability systems and tools should excite you.
Timescale is an all-remote organization,with team members across 6 continents; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations. English fluency is required, however.
- Play a core role in helping to design and develop new observability tools.
- Develop, test, and release new features and functionality from our technical roadmap.
- Continually improve, optimize, and test existing functionality of Promscale.
- Improve infrastructure to evaluate and test Promscale
- Work with engineers both at Promscale and the open-source community to coordinate new functionality and deliver a product to help users understand their systems.
- Work with our users to understand their needs and ways to improve their experience.
- Provide elevated technical assistance to customers
- Be an enthusiastic and personable teammate, receiving and providing code reviews, and otherwise partnering and helping other engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years engineering experience.
- Expertise building industrial-strength software (Golang or Rust).
- Passionate about building highly-reliable and performant system software.
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience with using or developing observability tools (Prometheus, Fluentd, Jaeger, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.
- Experience with mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Experience with Golang
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.