We're looking for experienced software engineers to help us build and maintain our managed TimescaleDB cloud services. You will have the opportunity to work with a close-knit team, developing Golang services that power our users’ TimescaleDB experience. You will design and architect features and services from the ground up and have ownership over them from the design phase through deployment to production.
Timescale is a all-remote organization; this is a full-time position and can be located anywhere across a wide range of time zones and locations (UTC-8 to UTC+5.5)
- 2+ years software engineering experience in production environments
- Strong programming skills (we mostly use Go but are more concerned with good fundamentals), including working with concurrency and high volume/traffic workloads
- Experience with event driven architecture and modern API technologies like gRPC and GraphQL
- Strong experience with and commitment to testing
- Comfortable developing with Linux and containers
Nice to haves
- Experience with deploying in Kubernetes environments and/or developing Kubernetes operators/controllers
- Deep knowledge of at least one major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Experience deploying, operating, and using major production-level databases. Huge bonus points for PostgreSQL and/or TimescaleDB!
At Timescale, we are dedicated to serving developers worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing this data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale develops TimescaleDB, the category-defining open-source relational database for time-series data, and offers fully-managed TimescaleDB and related database services. Timescale is a remote-first company with a global workforce and is backed by Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors.