Timescale is looking for a React developer to build and maintain our front-end web presence, including our public website, documentation, and blog. In this role, you’ll have complete ownership over our public-facing web properties. You’ll work closely with marketing, design, and product to implement a visually appealing site that exceeds our expectations for web traffic, performance, and conversion.
Timescale is a developer-first company. We believe in fostering a vibrant and diverse community of developers for our products. As such, we also place a high value on teamwork and collaboration. You’ll work in an organization where even the marketing people write code. We love developers and you’ll fit right in if you love developers, too.
(this role is remote and applicants may reside anywhere, however English-language proficiency is required.)
- Collaborate with marketing and design teams to develop features, implement new pages and maintain our existing web properties
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimize components for maximum performance across a variety of devices and browsers
- Build proof of concepts for new ideas that we want to try out
- Contribute to our company wide React component library and style guide
- Work in a public OSS development environment on GitHub using a git workflow
- Strong self-driven execution, ownership, and delivery
Experience and Skills:
- 4-6 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of React and how to build reusable components
- Experience with the JAMStack
- Familiarity with git workflows, CI/CD, deployment process
- Knowledge of SEO factors and technique
- Sensitive to the smallest details of look & feel, user flows, and UI/UX
- Experience in a fast paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for developers and nerd culture.
- A belief that organizations and industries are best when they are diverse and inclusive, and a commitment to ensuring that everything we do reflects that belief
- Works well independently and remotely
Time Series data is everywhere, and Timescale is helping developers and companies make sense of it.
Businesses worldwide trust TimescaleDB for mission-critical applications from industries as varied as manufacturing, finance, utilities, telecom, mining, ad tech, oil & gas, and the smart home. Applications built on TimescaleDB include complex monitoring systems, IoT, industrial machine data analysis, geospatial asset tracking, operational data warehousing, and financial risk management; via the edge, on-premise, and cloud deployments.
The team is entirely remote and is backed by top tier investors, including Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Icon Ventures, and Two Sigma Ventures.